Ashes Cricket Trailer!

So no bowling actions? Bummer... But other than that it was awesome. Glad to see Ross as an umpire too...

Thanks @pulina

My lesson for today, this umpire does sarcasm, I have to remember the internet does not. There are new bowling actions.

Thank you Ross for confirming about the new bowling actions
Super excited for this game
Can't wait

Noooo Ross why did you spoil it by answering it...I loved so many questions...Now they have to come up with a new one..

Thank you Ross for confirming about the new bowling actions
Super excited for this game
Can't wait

Noooo Ross why did you spoil it by answering it...I loved so many questions...Now they have to come up with a new one..

I think Ross kind of hid the truth, He said they have new bowling actions. He didn't say they are the real bowling actions. I think they added multiple bowling actions for us to choose from and the game it self doesn't have real bowling actions. Anyways I could be wrong.

To add to the realism of the game, Australian cricketers Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Emma Inglis and Mackinley Blows all had their movements captured in a complex recording process.

Each player was required to move around the 360-degree field playing a wide variety of shots depending on the height of the ball, and whether the shot was aggressive, normal or defensive.

Motion capture data from the Bupa National Cricket Centre was used to recreate bowling actions for the Australian players, while the skills of the in-game competitors have been assessed by Cricket Australia’s Team Performance unit.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/ashe...tralia-england-playstation-xbox-pc/2017-09-18

As far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed whether any motion capture was done for England players. Personally, I wouldn't be too upset by that because I think just having the movements of any pro players used to create animations is a great improvement. If you were expecting every player in the both Ashes squads to have a unique bowling action or batting style, considering the time between release of DBC17 and this game, (not to mention the costs involved with doing something that ambitious) then you are dreamin'. People need to stop being so negative on here. Seriously. Way too many comments whining about things they didn't see in the trailer.

The main thing for me was that Slats and Mel Jones, two of my favourite Aussie commentators, are now confirmed as commentators. Really happy with that. I also like that the commentators will talk about the Ashes, e.g. Slats saying they are tied going into the Sydney Test. I mean I guess it is expected there would be stuff like that but I feel like it will add an extra level of excitement to it. Really looking forward to getting stuck into Career Mode so I can work my way up to an Ashes debut.

I think Ross kind of hid the truth, He said they have new bowling actions. He didn't say they are the real bowling actions. I think they added multiple bowling actions for us to choose from and the game it self doesn't have real bowling actions. Anyways I could be wrong.
Mo cap was done.. They are used in the game.. I just want the proper actions of the prime bowlers, as long as we have a variation in that I am more than happy... Action for hitting pitch hard animation, action for pitching it up and swinging, action for hitting the seam and movement off the pitch.. That fulfills my wish...

If the variations off the pitch and reverse swing and other stuffs are really visible then interactive replay will take a beating as that is the max thing I would be using along with slow-mo..:D

BTW today is the start of women's Ashes..

Mo cap was done.. They are used in the game.. I just want the proper actions of the prime bowlers, as long as we have a variation in that I am more than happy... Action for hitting pitch hard animation, action for pitching it up and swinging, action for hitting the seam and movement off the pitch.. That fulfills my wish...

If the variations off the pitch and reverse swing and other stuffs are really visible then interactive replay will take a beating as that is the max thing I would be using along with slow-mo..:D

BTW today is the start of women's Ashes..

Yeah of course they mo-capped but did they mo-capped original bowlers? I think not.

If the game plays well I don't care about bowling actions. Some variation would be nice, but I'd be happy with two bowling styles per bowler type - in fact I'd be happiest if a Medium-Fast bowler option was added. I'm amazed how many people appear to be more concerned about presentation rather than gameplay.

If the game plays well I don't care about bowling actions. Some variation would be nice, but I'd be happy with two bowling styles per bowler type - in fact I'd be happiest if a Medium-Fast bowler option was added. I'm amazed how many people appear to be more concerned about presentation rather than gameplay.

Agreed. Different strokes for different folks and all but I don't understand how people can think that cosmetic details are more important for immersion than gameplay (i.e. how the responsiveness feels, how good the AI is, how realistic the variation in dismissals is). All this cosmetic stuff is just a bonus to me. And it's not even the most important bonus for me either -- I care more about stuff like getting the stats right, or having the career set up so that you play at different stadiums in a series and stuff like that. I don't know, maybe all these people that are obsessed with there being a slight difference between each bowling action are those modern superficial people who are obsessed with appearance and spend all day taking selfies on Snapchat and Instagram.

The thing I'm curious about in relation to the mocapped animations is @Ross has mentioned that they aren't cosmetic...

So I'd love to know if that means certain actions affect results... example being a high batting back-lift makes it easier to play 360 degree attacking shots but more susceptible to a Yorker. Low back lift more solid defensively at expense of attacking fluidity...

Round arm bowling action gives a dangerous Yorker at the expense of line control etc.

That would be cool

The thing I'm curious about in relation to the mocapped animations is @Ross has mentioned that they aren't cosmetic...

So I'd love to know if that means certain actions affect results... example being a high batting back-lift makes it easier to play 360 degree attacking shots but more susceptible to a Yorker. Low back lift more solid defensively at expense of attacking fluidity...

Round arm bowling action gives a dangerous Yorker at the expense of line control etc.

That would be cool
Ok so that really made me eager to know it too...

That would be cool
If there were more to it than just cosmetics it could be great.

Users who are viewing this thread