Ashes09 or Ea07??

Which game do you prefer?

• Total voters

Damp Pitch

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Both are rubbish. In AC 09, it can be enjoyed for its goods graphics. In Cricket 07, there is nothing to enjoy with. Gameplay is still rubbish in AC 09 as well as in EA

BUT THERE IS A PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site has still not picked up as "common knowledge" that Zim has made a patch that has resulted in exciting T20 cricket for C07. This patch has made C07 playable.
TRUE!!

Check for yourself.....
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...0-50-overs-50678.html?highlight=human+bowling

In Swinger added 12 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

You couldn't possibly have meant EA '97 - that was easily the worst cricket game I've ever played. Absolute joke!

Oh dear oh dear,.....yes, a joke alright ....:laugh:laugh

But I think the fun I had on the forums slamming this pile of maggots dun was well worth the price.....:D:D:D:D

D

Dutch

BUT THERE IS A PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site has still not picked up as "common knowledge" that Zim has made a patch that has resulted in exciting T20 cricket for C07. This patch has made C07 playable.
TRUE!!

Check for yourself.....
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...0-50-overs-50678.html?highlight=human+bowling

In Swinger added 12 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Oh dear oh dear,.....yes, a joke alright ....:laugh:laugh

But I think the fun I had on the forums slamming this pile of maggots dun was well worth the price.....:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the heads-up. I for one enjoyed Ea07, heavily patched of course. This might tempt me to give it another go! Cheers!

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
DarkBoyBlunder -Transmission Games Representative has voted for AC09. Its obvious choice for him :p.

irfanmayani

School Cricketer
I'm surprised that you prefer bowling in AC, do you mind expanding on it??
Fielding is far improved and actually a big positive for AC although i hate that the fielders always fumble the ball, its supposed to be based on a professional sport not pub league!! And playing against another person is enjoyable in AC although i have never played EA pvp so i can't compare

Two player game in EA 07 ( patched) is really good. And although the EA game has its limitation, still i would go for the EA 07 over AC 09 for realism . The bowling in EA is fast , spin really feels like spin , the batting has the problem with similar angles everytime , but i think they can resolve that in next version along with other things. But i hate the loopy pace and the pathetic edges that never have pace and carry in the AC09
Ya AC09 is a lot of fun , but for realism and better physics i would go for EA 07 patched up version,. And whn you play 2 player game in EA 07 , then you dot worry too much about the AI.

D

Dutch

I would have preferred Hungry Hungry Hippo!!! :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Oooh, I love Hungry Hungry Hippo. Can you do that online???!!:)
My other favourite is "Wiggly Worms". Do you know that one? You have to try and grab the worms as they come up. Most worms wins. Coool! :laugh

P

pcfan123

Oooh, I love Hungry Hungry Hippo. Can you do that online???!!:)
My other favourite is "Wiggly Worms". Do you know that one? You have to try and grab the worms as they come up. Most worms wins. Coool! :laugh

the only game called wiggly worms I know of, is played in the bedroom, and is usually more fun two player than singleplayer

kunalverma25

School Cricketer
Ashes is good in many respects.
1 Hitting ball in almost every area.
2 Fielding also not auto.

But it Lacks many features.
1 Only 16 created players.
2 Inability to create custum faces.
3 Ability pts. can limit a player.
4 In EA the actions and movements seems real, but in Ashes the actions and animations are terrible.
5 Custom Commentary name.
6 Only 1 type of series (Knockout).

D

Dutch

the only game called wiggly worms I know of, is played in the bedroom, and is usually more fun two player than singleplayer

Team variations get interesting too! Not to mention online single player mode!:)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Both games have their pros and cons. EA has the longevity aspect through the millions of tournaments and patch making ability. AC09 lacks the tournaments and so far hasn't been kind to patch making.

Playing wise I definitely would take AC09, much better batting system in that you can place the ball where you want it rather than pushing the button saying 'hit to that fielder'.
Bowling is easier to control in AC09 and offers a lot more wickets through proper methods. In C07, the only wicket I could get was caught at leg slip and in the end it proved a very boring game for bowling.

So basically if you could combine the tournaments, player roster and even commentary of C07 to AC09 batting and bowling system you could have a dam good cricket game (removing the bugs of course).

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just play both games without patches and see the difference yourself. Ashes Cricket is playable but EA's Cricket is junk.

StormySteve

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just play both games without patches and see the difference yourself. Ashes Cricket is playable but EA's Cricket is junk.

Totally agree!!!

My preference is Ashes 2009 by a country mile, within a couple of hours I had proper names (shame some face types were omitted) and you can hit the ball almost anywhere, presentation is superb. It does have some flaws the odd bug as mentioned in these forums some I think are a bit over the top but all in all a very decent platform for future games from these developers.

EA's series is the same every two years as mention by Colin earlier, same bugs, very repetitive now and the constant lack of a patch means you have to heaviliy patch the game to get anything out of it.

In my honest opinion you have to go back to Brian Lara 98 for a decent game through HB studios although the lack of an editor was a real downer with that!

Steve S.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Only thing which now creates disinterest in me among the EA series is, the pitch/stadium details. After playing AC09, when I tried to play EA 04/05/07 I am having a feeling like playing the match in some small room. But oh well, there are many negatives + positives in both the series.

I would still prefer EA 05/04 cricket series with AC09 pitches/stadiums in it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread