Story Australia-2007/08 to 2009/10

Sri Lanka off to terrible start

Sri Lanka have made a horrible start to there run chase. Chasing 325, they are 4/78 at Tea on Day 4, requiring another 247 runs to defeat Australia. Shaun Tait has two wickets, the first being Murback when he nicked a catch to Gilchrist for 13 and his other one was Sangakarra who also nicked a catch to Gilchrist for 7. Jayawardene was the next to go when he skied a catcj to Hussey at mid-on off the bowling of spinner Dan Cullen for just 6 runs. The last wicket was Samaraweera when he had his middle stumps knocked out of the ground by spearhead Brett Lee for 4. The in form Tharanga is not out on 44

asnn5.jpg
Shaun Tait celebrates the wicket of Murbarak

SCORECARD

Tea Day 4
Australia 310 and 3/358 dec
Sri Lanka 344 and 4/78
Sri Lanka need 247 to win

Murbarak C Gilchrist Tait 13
Tharanga NOT OUT 44
Sangakkara C Gilchrist B Tait 7
Jayawardene C Hussey B Cullen 6
Samaraweera B Lee 4
Dilshan NOT OUT 1
Kapugedera
Maharoof
Vaas
Kulasekara
Muralitharan

Extras 3

Tait 10-19-2
Lee 10-29-1
Johnson 5-16-0
Cullen 5-14-1

asay9.jpg
Dan Cullen appeals for LBW

Australia win by 181 runs

Australia have defeated Sri Lanka by 181. Australias bowlers were brilliant with Shaun Tait taking 3/35 to spearhead Australias attack. Stay tuned for more updates

asyi8.jpg
Vaas walks back to the pavillion

SCORECARD

Tea Day 4
Australia 310 and 3/358 dec
Sri Lanka 344 and 143
Australia win by 181 runs

Murbarak C Gilchrist Tait 13
Tharanga B Tait 72
Sangakkara C Gilchrist B Tait 7
Jayawardene C Hussey B Cullen 6
Samaraweera B Lee 4
Dilshan B Johnson 1
Kapugedera C Jaques B Cullen 15
Maharoof B Cullen 9
Vaas LBW Johnson 7
Kulasekara B Lee 2
Muralitharan NOT OUT 0

Extras 7

Tait 15-35-3
Lee 15-49-2
Johnson 15-29-2
Cullen 15-30-3

This is looking much better. But maybe a little more detail on the match would be good.

Australia's Series Batting Statistics

Hayden - 162 runs at 54.00
Jaques - 181 runs at 60.33
Ponting - 192 runs at 64.00
Hussey - 267 runs at 133.50
Clarke - 196 runs at 98.00
Symonds - 30 runs at 15.00
Gilchrist - 128 runs at 64.00

Australias Leading Wicket Takers

Lee - 12 Wickets
Tait - 11 Wickets
Cullen - 10 Wickets
Johnson - 4 Wickets
Clark - 4 Wickets

Last edited:
PLAYER OF THE SERIES

aaafx1.png

Runs - 267
HS - 167
100's - 1
50's - 1
Ave - 133.50

asan1.jpg
]
Awards

Australia v Sri Lanka, 2nd Test

5 Votes - Ricky Ponting

4 Votes - Michael Clarke

3 Votes - Shaun Tait

2 Votes - Brett Lee

1 Vote - Michael Hussey

Test Player of the year leaderboard

Phil Jaques - 5
Ricky Ponting - 5
Michael Hussey - 5

Brett Lee - 4
Michael Clarke - 4
Adam Gilchrist - 3
Dan Cullen - 1

ODI Player of the year

NO ODI'S PLAYED YET​

Allen Border Medal Leaderboard

Phil Jaques - 5
Ricky Ponting - 5
Michael Hussey - 5​

Brett Lee - 4
Michael Clarke - 4
Adam Gilchrist - 3
Dan Cullen - 1

INDIA ARRIVE IN AUSTRALIA

asce5.jpg
India arrive at the Melbourne airport​

India have today arrived in Australia ahead of the four match Test Series aginst Australia starting later this week. When coach of India, Greg Chappel was asked about his teams chances against Australia he had this to say; "We will give it 100%. I think we have a very good chance against Australia, we have got some very good players in the team, we have had very good results against them in the past and our chances will increase now that Glen McGrath and Shane Warne have retired"

Some people belive that this will be Sachin Tendulka's last tour in international cricket after a horrible world cup campain in the West Indies last month. "I don't belive that I am too old for cricket. Sure I may be in a bit of a dry patch at the moment but when you play this much cricket, it is bound to happen at some stage. I just need to go out there and feel the bat on ball and get some of my old form back' he said at Melbourne airport earlier this morning

RICKY PONTING MEDIA CONFERENCE

aszz6.jpg

Journalist: So Ricky are you looking forward to the India test series?

Ponting: Yes. Our form has been great at the moment so hopefully India will play well and it will be a very exciting series of cricket

Journalist: Were you happy with your bowlers against Sri Lanka?

Ponting: Yes. They bowled beautifuly. With Binga (Brett Lee) and Taity (Shaun Tait) giving us that intimadation factor with very fast bowling and a great young spinner in Dan Cullen it all came together and we knocked over Sri Lanka fairy easily

Journalist: There has been alot said about you guys sledging. Is this true?

Ponting: I wouldn't call it sledging. yes some things are said but it isn't personal and its all forgoten after the game

Jounalist: What about your form?

Ponting: I've been in gret form lately. I made a ton the other day, followed by 75 so I'll be looking to carry that on into this test series

India versus Australia test series will be an interesting one :D looking forward to it mate :)

Australia v India, 1st Test, Dec 10-14, WACA​

asrb8.jpg

Pitch: Green

Toss: India won the toss and elected to bat first

Australia - Hayden, Jaques, Ponting, Hussey, Clarke, Symonds, Gilchrist, Lee, Tait, Cullen, Clark

India - Jaffer, Sehwag, Laxman, Dravid, Y.Singh, Kaif, Dhoni, Kumble, H.Singh, Sreesanth, Patel

Last edited:
Australia claim 2 early wickets

Sri Lank have made a cautious start to their innings, after losing two early wickets. They are 2/86 at Lunch on Day 1 with Sehwag not out on 30 and Dravid not out 25. Jaffer was the first to go when he nicked a catch to Gilchrist off Tait for 7. Laxman was the next to go when he was bowled by Brett Lee for 21

aslg7.jpg
Laxman is bowled

SCORECARD

Lunch Day 1
India 2/86

Jaffer C Gilchrist B Tait 7
Sehwag NOT OUT 30
Laxman B Lee 21
Dravid NOT OUT 25
Y.Singh
Kaif
Dhoni
Kumble
H.Singh
Sreesanth
Patel

Extras 3

Lee 8-24-1
Tait 8-27-1
Cullen 7-15-0
Clark 7-20-0

Australia need to get a wicket to really get on top of India here.

India on top in at the WACA

India have had a good session losing just one wicket for 81 runs. There total is 3/163 at Tea on Day 1 with Dravid not out on 62 and Singh still there on 7. The only wicket was Dravid who was looking in good touch on 62 before he hit a catch to mid-on

SCORECARD

Tea Day 1
India 3/167

Jaffer C Gilchrist B Tait 7
Sehwag C Hussey B Clark 62
Laxman B Lee 21
Dravid NOT OUT 63
Y.Singh NOT OUT 6
Kaif
Dhoni
Kumble
H.Singh