• Banglaesh win test, ODI

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Test drawn, Aus win ODI

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Test drawn, Bangladesh win ODI

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
aussie1st said:
Hayden will be gunning for 401 or whatever Lara set the record at :) Hussey eyeing a double ton. Gilly better do something, if he can't score here his days of keeping for Aus are basically numbered.

Right, don't get too overconfident :p. Remember Bangla have Mohammed Rafique :)

It can be hard to predict what you will get out of a side that is full of players who are greener than most Australian state or English county cricket rookies. Alok Kapali, for example, took a hat trick against Pakistan, aged just 19. You can assume that most of the time these kids will fall apart in the face of more experienced players, but sometimes, they might just have the talent to pull something off.

To be fair, just one batsman has played well beyond expectation, Shariah Nafees. Habibul Bashar has 50s against every Test nation and is an aggressive player of decent skill (very similar to Andrew Flintoff), so it shouldn't come as a shock that he scored runs today.

So who is this Shariah Nafees and why should we expect him to fail? I mean really, who is he, where did he come from? He's a 20 year old, playing in his 20th First Class match. You could say he's far too young to be a trouble. You could also say that Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting were all cranking runs out for their national teams at about his age.

Cricket can be a funny game. Players like Adam Gilchrist have proved time and again that it only takes one man and an ounce of luck to turn a small total into a big total, ruin bowler's economy and averages and generally make things look harder than they should.

Wow man, Bangladeshis are playing Aussies or Americans :eek:.

Drewska said:
Right, don't get too overconfident :p. Remember Bangla have Mohammed Rafique :)

Thats a decent point you make regarding M.Rafique. The Aussies have had their problems against good left-arm spinners, like vettori. Lets see what Rafique can come up with.

barmyarmy said:
Warne 20 1 112 0 5.59 :D :D :D

Go Bangladesh!
Your English batsmen should be watching this game, might learn a thing or two about how to play him.

tassietiger said:
Your English batsmen should be watching this game, might learn a thing or two about how to play him.

Haha! I do't give a monkeys if we can't play him but still beat your boys in the Ashes! :)

Who cares if we beat you! :D

tassietiger said:

The secret seems to be not having Glenn Mcgrath in the team...

The pitch may be flat and Australia may lack concentration and McGrath, but there was probably no Bangladeshi cricketer who went to bed last night without a smile on his face.

Great Performance. They have finally showed what they are made of. Nafees has come good - has shown some talent in the One Day game - and bashar just went beserk! Ashaful was out LBW to a ball which apparently pitched on middle and leg and going down.
Don't expect a collapse, usually its the tail where Bangla's strength lies. lets hope for a 50 for Saleh and some hard hits from mortaza, Rafique and Masud tommorow to take Bangla past 450 :)

Watch out for Gilchrist.I think he will break Lara's 400 in this match.I don't agree that his' days as an Aussie keeper are numbered.I believe none is great enough to step into his' shoes at this momment.Haddin looked good in the International matches he played but not great.
:hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

Last edited:
sohummisra said:
The pitch may be flat and Australia may lack concentration and McGrath, but there was probably no Bangladeshi cricketer who went to bed last night without a smile on his face.

I think every non Australian cricketer will be going to their beds with a smile on their face, everyone loves watching an underdog perform well against the higher ranks :D

aussie1st said:
They didn't have any problem getting rid of SA with no McGrath :)
the pitch isnt suiting their seam bowlers except for Dizzy. Its not suiting Lee, Clark etc and they need to start taking wickets being the prime bowlers

Users who are viewing this thread