Australia in New Zealand

Look at his wagon wheel, decent knock.

Attachments

• symo150.JPG
    symo150.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 28
i agree..Bond factor is too much for New Zealand. To be honest, i haven't seen a consistent match-winning performances from NZ. Bond is one, Chris Cairns and S. Fleming. THat is what is hurting them.

Cairns is in top form. You can tell by looking at him. Eh we got skittled for 150 odd. Remember you guys got beaten by Bangladesh. And you still managed to get over 300 runs in a game. It may be a stupid point but that was 1 game and this was another. Don't play on that kind of thing.

I think we can get close. I doubt we will though. Its still a good match and we will win in Christchurch with our Best bowler and Best batsman back for us. Its just too many runs. PowerPlays give us a chance. I wonder if we will see McCullum up opening or earlier.

Yeah mabee we use player injury as an excuse but look at our team. When someone who is that world class is out it really does make the team look much worse. You can't blame us. We just arn't as fortonate to have bowlers with hundreds of first class wickets and thousands of runs to call up. You have to understand that. To beat such a great team we need EVERYTHING.

Great innings from Symonds. Clarke was unlucky not to get his century but he batted well.

Hopefully Lee can bowl like he did last time :)

irottev said:
Yeah mabee we use player injury as an excuse but look at our team. When someone who is that world class is out it really does make the team look much worse. You can't blame us. We just arn't as fortonate to have bowlers with hundreds of first class wickets and thousands of runs to call up. You have to understand that. To beat such a great team we need EVERYTHING.

I agree you guys can't do any more. I just would love to see us beat a full strength Kiwi side. You guys always manage to have all these injuries when our 2 teams meet.

Clarke was unlucky, his innings was just as important as Symonds and wasn't as flashy but was just as good. He did deserve one. Despite the bad decision on the last ball. He was gone plum not that it mattered much.

Can't wait for the exciting run chase. Unbelievable knock by Symonds. He really rocked the Kiwis bowlers. Who says there is no other Afridi in the world cricket? Don?t forget Dhoni and Symonds!!!! I had very good feelings that Symonds was going to score something like this and he exactly has done it.

irottev said:
Clarke was unlucky, his innings was just as important as Symonds and wasn't as flashy but was just as good. He did deserve one. Despite the bad decision on the last ball. He was gone plum not that it mattered much.

He may have been but it would have made no difference apart from on Pup's average and the scorecard.
Clarke is flashy but just doesn't have the big hits like Symonds. But it was a great knock by him and once again him and Symonds have rescued us. I saw potential in these two doing what Bevan us to do in saving Aus. They haven't done this consistently but when they do its very entertaining. As for Bevan, Hussey has now filled that role so these two don't need to make up for Bevo.

We don't have much to lose in this run chase. We will be able to play positively and take risks. If its our day we will find gaps and by the end might make 300. But if it isn't our day, which it usually isn't, we will plunder again. We have to attack early. There WILL be big shots. Whether we realistically have a chance or not we will try.

If Cairns or anybody can post a record 50 or hundred then of course a win is all of a sudden on the cards. I remember Fleming smashing 100 off 56 odd balls against that world eleven bowling attack with Murili and Bichel. You never know when something huge and unpredictable could happen.

that FIFA World XI matches weren't serious they were just mucking around, I hope Cairns does something great but i doubt it..

langerrox said:
that FIFA World XI matches weren't serious they were just mucking around, I hope Cairns does something great but i doubt it..

Yeah. But still. Do you think Murili just let Fleming smash him for what was it about 7 sixes? The second best spinner in the world.

I am trying really hard to stay positive here. Its hard.

Users who are viewing this thread