Australia in New Zealand

Vettori is captaining and Fleming is playing as a specalist batsman.

This is fine in a dead rubber match but Fleming is our captain and they better keep it that way until he retires.

Don't worry they will I can't see Vettori being captain over Fleming. Fleming has done way too much for NZ.

I am off to the game in an hour and a bit. The weather looks alright. Doesn't look like its going to rain. Its pretty cloudy though.

irottev said:
Vettori is captaining and Fleming is playing as a specalist batsman.

On odd state of affairs that.

Hopefully the rain stays away, this is an important game for both sides. This Aussie side minus experienced mainstays such as Hayden, Martyn, Clarke, McGrath, Lee, Hogg, Gillespie etc. will benefit from the experience, particularly the bowling attack, which has neither the accuracy of McGrath or the firepower of Lee to build around. New Zealand probably have greatest chance any side has had in either Tests or ODI's to inflict a major defeat on Australia. Should be a cracker!

I am going to make a weird prediction and say that Chris Martin will take 4 wickets.

And also that Astle will make 50.

irottev said:
I am going to make a weird prediction and say that Chris Martin will take 4 wickets.

And also that Astle will make 50.

Tick 1 he has one wicket right now. Hes much better than Franklin. Gilly and Katich both gone. Geez they should have justed rested Gilly he has done nothing all series. So much for trying to make the series viable and not 2nd rate.

aussie1st said:
Geez they should have justed rested Gilly he has done nothing all series. So much for trying to make the series viable and not 2nd rate.

That's what's most sad about the situation. He deserved a break, he needed a break but CA were more concerned about how the media would react so they went back on their initial agreement to let Gilly sit this one out. Stupid stuff.

Well played Pointing for his fifty! Australia should score around 320 now. The run rate is pretty decent at the moment.

Update: WOW...Amazing inning by Hussey. Australia set Kiwis a target of 331.

Last edited:
Great stuff from the Aussies to reach a respectable 331 after struggling earlier at 2/7 and 4/124. Hodgey looked very comfortable and constructed an innings in a fashion not dissimilar to the way Marto has done in recent history. Looked very comfortable and showed his class. Clarke continues to rebuild his confidence, and Hussey is shaping up as a more aggressive model of Michael Bevan. Gotta feel for Cam White missing out though, tough time to come to the crease when quick runs are needed, but he will get his chance to show his talents with the bat.

This will be a cracker of a game I reckon, this is one of the more inexperienced ODI attacks any national side has put out onto the park, and on a postage stamp of a ground the runs will be very difficult to keep down. The new ball pairing must make 1 or 2 early breakthroughs, and wickets must fall at regular intervals if Australia are to deny such a long batting lineup.

Cam White talents with the bat? Hahahaha

Seriously though, Hussey might become the greatest ODI batsman ever. Sure you might say he is never out, high score 88, blah blah. But isn't the point to score as many runs as you can as fast as you can. Hussey is doing that, and a whole lot more.

Avg of 151 with a s/r of 95. And the stats aren't deceiving either.

Can anybody tell me how big the ground is because batsmen are smashing sixers so easily?

Dhoni said:
Can anybody tell me how big the ground is because batsmen are smashing sixers so easily?
very small. Alot would have been out to fielders or 4s. It still doesn't take anything away from Husseys innings. One of the best late order innings i've ever seen.

Again very poor bowling by the kiwis at the end considering the great start they had. NZ are currently 3 down and will be extremely difficult to get anywhere near it. The bowling has once again let them down. Aus has a fantastic middle-lower order but have got to do something about their top 2 when they battle with the other 2 ODI powerhouses South Africa and Sri Lanka in the VB series.

Users who are viewing this thread