Australia in New Zealand

We do it all the time, Kaspa, Bichel, Dizzy, Lee all at some stage have been first change. I'm just not convinced Clark is a ODI bowler. Not on what I saw in the Super Series.

That "Richardson" guy is talking dumb. Afterall he has to, some spice has to be added to the series because of not much fan-following of cricket in NZ and its media.

Yeah, they have been first changers, but the point is that they became openers as their talent was recognised. In any case, the real point is that Nicholson is a better bowler than Stuart Clark. Stuart Clark is 30, he's no rookie, and it's unlikely that he will move up to the opening position until Nicholson retires.

By the same token, Mick Lewis is the better bowler of he and Clark. The resemblance to McGrath is imaginary, a combination of similar height and pace do not make him able to hit a good length 6 balls an over.

Good point without McGrath this series won't have much pre match talk. None of the current players are cocky enough to go into the media and say we'll going to win 3-0.

aussie1st said:
Good point without McGrath this series won't have much pre match talk. None of the current players are cocky enough to go into the media and say we'll going to win 3-0.
Actually, Richardson is also sounding very cocky advertising for "Sky Sports"
National Bank Summer of cricket, this and that.....
Now what would you be doing if you didn't have sky(/sarcasm). haha, one wonders!!!!

I've seen those ads with that fat guy and the white guy doing their random stuff and then the slogan what would you be doing if you didn't have sky.

I like that new one with Ian Smith. He goes "Stephen Fleming dark, tall and he has that aftershave that women love"...(can't remember the other bit)
"Ponting - hes short, not too handsome and doesn't like losing but lately hes been getting a lot of practice." :laugh that ad is a crack up.

aussie1st said:
I've seen those ads with that fat guy and the white guy doing their random stuff and then the slogan what would you be doing if you didn't have sky.

I like that new one with Ian Smith. He goes "Stephen Fleming dark, tall and he has that aftershave that women love"...(can't remember the other bit)
"Ponting - hes short, not too handsome and doesn't like losing but lately hes been getting a lot of practice." :laugh that ad is a crack up.
Yeah seen that one couple of times recently, but the Sky slogan "What would you be doing if you didn't have Sky" is terribly lame-ass. What the hell does it mean!!!
These adverts of today crack me up. Telecom wants you to have T3G, Orcon, Slinshot ect. want to sell you broadband with 1st month waived off, Warehouse wants to sell you their souls with money-back guarantee, Reconnex wants your telephones reconnected with heavy charges later-on.Every-one should have SKY Digital(very exp) according to "Sky". What should a kiwi do!!! LOL

Big Mason's AUSTRALIAN TEAM FOR CHAPPELL HADLEE TROPHY ON SATURDAY

1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Mike Hussey
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Andrew Symonds
5. Brad Hodge
6. Michael Clarke
7. Cameron White
8. Brad Hogg
9. Brett Lee
10. Michael Lewis
11. Nathan Bracken

Super Sub: Simon Katich

I would like to see Hussey open but I'm positive the selectors will pick Katich and Gilly. Hussey would probably take Hogg or White's spot.

Although I wouldn't mind your side as we have Hogg, White and Symonds that can bowl 20 overs between them. We just have to make sure Lewis, Bracken and Lee bowl well as if they don't it put huge pressure on the other 3.

I don't think Symonds wil come in at 4. I preume that will be Clarke there then Hussey then Hodge. Symonds at 7. Thats a very long batting order so Hodge may end up being the supersub if its bowler friendly over Clark who may start.

Richardson obviously is trying to draw attention to the series, he can't be serious. I'm all for resting players for a one day tournament that for some reason has been jammed between two important Test match series. All of the Aussie Test squad should be resting now.

Can't believe they knocked back Gilly's request for the week off. His performance hasn't been that great of late, and a week's rest might have been the tonic he needed to successfully attack a hefty workload this summer.

aussie1st said:
I think Hodge will bat 4, Symonds 5, Clarke 6 and Hussey 7. Thats what they usually do.

I feel they don't have the batting order right half the time. Clarke should go to Martyns spot in my opinion but I don't really know as much as everyone else.

You were right though, against the world XI they used Symonds, Clarke Hussey as 5,6,7.

Of course :) Clarke probably would be good at 4 in the ODIs. Hodge then would have to bat 5. He would be wasted any lower. Symonds and Hussey are good finishers so they are good lower down.

Users who are viewing this thread