Australia in New Zealand

vettori bowling beautifully. Good wicket there to dismiss symonds.

Another Australian middle-order collapse. What the hell is Hodge doing in the side. He is bloody useless. Martyn should replace him when he recovers from the injury.

They could have put Clarke up to 4 I guess, but they seem to like him down the order. Hussey the same. You see now how well these 2 guys are doing at the death.

Clarke out however.

Hes not in yet. Lee has come in. I'll watch out for you if he does come in.

Cairns going off hit nut appealing.

WTF Lee out too. Dam :( Cairns gets Lee to inside edge onto the stumps.

Aus get 252/8 off their 50 overs. Hussey wasn't at his best. Hit and missed a lot. But he was not out so his 100 average remains in tact :)

Australia ends up with 252/8 off 50 overs. Well bowl by kiwis. Great!!!

This game is very much even atm. Pick of the bowlers were Vettori and Styris. Clarke was extremely slow and probably costed 10 or so extra runs. Hussey should really move up the order to about 4 or 5 unless if he wants to keep his average over 100. :)

The average first innings total for that pitch is around 200 so I would say that Australia are probably favourites at the moment.

You can never right off these kiwis though. Cairns, Marshall, Oram, McCullum all good finishers. Not to mention Vincent and Astle at the top.

Well Vincent gone!
Inside edge onto stumps from Bracken.

go lee, hamish gone chopped it onto his stumps, i love bracken he is so good, 2nd favourite player:)

Dear oh dear 3 down now. NZ do have a very long batting lineup. Astle has got to play a big knock now.

Make that 4, Lee gets Marshall's twin. Lee far too quick Marshall had no idea, he left it and rightly so given out.

I heard on the radio that it stayed down. If it did then he must of been very unlucky.

He just totally misjudged it. He let the ball go too. That would explain why he let it go though, he thought it was short so it would go over his head. But it was very messy, not convincing at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread