Australia in South Africa Oct-Nov 2011/12

Hard to blame the bowlers when the 10 players who weren't Michael Clarke only made 161 runs in total in the entire match.
The bowlers at least skittled SA for 96.

----------

I reckon Smith wants his 100...

Day 3 - session 1 :eek:

I agree with whoever it was that said they should start the second test right away and fit 3 in :p

But seriously, well played SA :clap After Watson's carnage of a spell, and narrowly avoiding the follow-on, it would have required one hell of an effort to come back and win.

Funny thing is, it's been less than 24 hours since Watson was creating havoc.

Well congrats to the South Africans, the only team that can topple us when we're in a dominant position. If this doesn't lead to the axing of 3-4 guys, we might as well not even have a selection committee.

Well congrats to the South Africans, the only team that can topple us when we're in a dominant position.

I think that list is now longer than you might want to admit...
This Aussie team really seems to be gone in the head on any pitch with a bit of juice.

Harris took 4/33. I agree with dumping Mitch but I reckon Siddle is still worth his place.

True, but it was Watson's quick fire wickets that created the pressure, and subsequent collapse. Unlike when SA bowled, when it was both Morkel and Philander, and to some extent Steyn.

Siddle has never impressed me, if I'm honest. I saw a little of Copeland in SL, and I liked what I saw. And I just want to see Cummins bowl in the longer format. Such an exciting talent.

Well England are good at drawing games against us when we're dominating, but I still stand by Saffies being the only one that can win from such positions.

This isn't the first time Aus have collapsed though in swing and seam conditions, over the last 2 years.

There was the Sydney test, then Headingly, and now Cape Town :facepalm

Time to pass off the chokers tag to the Aussies. They're in control when they had SA bowled out. Anyways great comeback by SA and this game will go in the history books. Reminds me of the 438 ODI. :D

Users who are viewing this thread