Australia in South Africa Oct-Nov 2011/12

Injury worries before the Ashes then led him to bowling well below pace in the 2nd Ashes match and then we never saw him again because the selectors were concerned about his fitness.

There were a couple of overs that went for a lot off the edge of the bat. It said a lot. They were bowling full and to some extent getting what they were looking for. They way have erred more by line than by length, but prince was relentlessly slashing past two gullies. There was perhaps a lack of discretion each way.

Yah I think Siddle in particular was bowling fuller - which is good for him as he is cannon fodder when he drops it short. 'Aggressive lengths' was the term I heard on the radio for it, trying to get it up there and find the edge. I liked the look of Cummins but I think the reason he didn't go for as many runs was because he couldn't quite hit that 'aggressive length' as often so there was a lack of half volleys from his bowling.

As I've said before we can't afford both Siddle and Johnson in the same side. The fact a guy on debut is able to look dangerous and only go at 2.5 runs an over shows it is possible.

Would normally agree totally with that, but I think when chasing a series, there is the case for 3 aggressive quicks. Either Johnson or Siddle really needs to put their hands up and take that spot. And Harris needs to get well...

Safricans getting it all wrong. Hughes gets a life when they don't challenge his clear edge, then waste an lbw review on Watson when he hit it :D

Good start and I hope Aussies keep it going so they can actually have a decent Test this time.

Are they sure the teams are the named correctly. The way SA are playing is bringing back memories of how we usually play. Batsmen gifting wickets away and our bowling attack being smoked.

Nice seeing our opening partnership with a big partnership. Obviously still question marks on Hughes' technique on the tougher conditions but only can score runs on what is given to you. Interesting enough Cummins is the most economical bowler.

It's because they're so relieved to make it past 87. It's like getting out for 100. :p

----------

Of course 0 is the new 87 for Ponting.

Yeah got the NSW connection back. These two will fight hard against anything the Saffers bowlers have to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread