Australia in South Africa Oct-Nov 2011/12

Surprised cricinfo didn't take the safe road like our selectors usually do and name an unchanged bowling lineup. Pretty rough on Siddle if this is the case, Johnson get's away with so much crap. Also looks like Copeland won't be seen at all which is a shame as these conditions would have given him most help and tested if he was ready for this level.

Well both Siddle and Johnson only took 1 wicket last Test, and Siddle was given the ball before Mitch on that last day when wickets were needed, and failed (Mitch eventually failed to break through too of course, just needed saying...)

If I'm a selector I'd pick Copeland if Harris can't play, keep Mitch in - the choice to be made for me is between Siddle and Cummins. If Cummins has been as impressive in the nets as it's been hinted at, I'd give him a run.

I wouldn't think it would be all that bad if both Siddle and Johnson were dropped for Copeland and Cummins. You have got to be kidding if Johnson gets selected again, Australia simply can't move forward with him in the team anymore. .

Johnson also took 9 wickets in the tour game, and plenty of 'experts' were telling us how good he was looking and that he'd have a big tour based on those 9 scalps and the movement he was getting. Given that performance, I don't see how one ineffective Test since then proves that he's now completely useless. It's just every time Australia loses the Johnson haters come out complaining that he's not Glenn McGrath.

Not many people were complaining about the Aussie side 2 weeks ago, but now half the side is apparently in danger if you read the papers: Hughes, Ponting, Haddin, Johnson, Watson's opening spot, Siddle, Lyon, and then bloody Harris can't stay fit. Michael Clarke would have been on that list 2 Tests ago too, and Mike Hussey was on it less than a year ago. I think it's time for people to accept there aren't any superstars here and it's time to support these guys instead of dragging them down constantly. /rant

That said, I'm looking forward to tonight. Level this series and Australia would be happy.

Having a hard time selecting my fantasy team from this mess of a team we have. Maybe I should fill it with South Africans. I'll take a chance on cricinfo's probable team and go for Cummins over Siddle.

Side has been named already. Cummins in for Harris and Khawaja for Marsh. Could be an absolute disaster or another 47 all out.

Jeez no Harris, got an extra 2 days off and bowled 24 overs total for the 1st test. Only person who should be stiff right now is Roebuck.

And here we go the spotlight will be straight onto our bowling attack. Sounds like it is sunny so could be a tough day for our bowlers.

Its been sunny and very hot for a week now. Good that we are batting first , expect pitch to break on day 4 and 5.

Right on cue a thunderstorm rolls overhead and takes my satellite out. Expect the Aussies to bowl well while I'm out of action.

Got the full array of Johnson on show today. Runs and wickets. Not too fussed if he is doing what he's doing today, it's what he does in the other games.

It seems Watson has a hamstring injury. That usually means a month on the sidelines.

It is sad when a teenager on debut is the only front line bowler (not including Watson) that is bowling with an economy of less than 4.5 an over.

As long as you keep picking up wickets I won't worry too much. Not looking good for us at 134/4.

Users who are viewing this thread