Australia in South Africa Oct-Nov 2011/12

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That should mean Cummins will get a few games. Not too fussed on the replacement as they shouldn't be playing.

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Brett Lee is always going to be my favourite cricketer but unfortunately I don't think its a huge loss. It would be if he missed the test matches, but Australia have pace bowlers lining up all over the place for ODI cricket.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cummins was very impressive with his pace. He is hitting 150 MPH at such early age. It really bodes well for Australia in future.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I actually didn't remember seeing him crack the 150km/h in Australia but the commentators mentioned he did. However he certainly cracked it in the CLT20, he probably has the potential to get faster.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Cummins was very impressive with his pace. He is hitting 150 MPH at such early age. It really bodes well for Australia in future.

He should have been the fastest bowler of the world by now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really excited for this series. Hope it will be as good as it was last time.

cricketmad09

International Coach
How the hell can you justify picking Steve Smith in the team ahead of Aaron Finch? Steve Smith's bowling isn't needed because we have 4 bowlers and Watson and Hussey. Smith has a horrendous T20 batting record where as Finch has a fantastic one. Smith should've been dropped from the NSW team let alone making the Australian team. Ridiculous.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This T20I series is going to provide good opportunity for guys like Warner and Ingram to show that they belong here after impressive showing in CLT20

Much under-estimated T20I bowler Bollinger does a Zaheer to Graeme Smith in the very 1st over.. opportunity lost for Smith coming back from marriage.

Meanwhile SA Left-handers being around for most part of the innings in 1st T20I ruined O'Keefe's debut in SA.. David Hussey bowled 3 overs instead.

Looking forward to keen contest..

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
How the hell can you justify picking Steve Smith in the team ahead of Aaron Finch? Steve Smith's bowling isn't needed because we have 4 bowlers and Watson and Hussey. Smith has a horrendous T20 batting record where as Finch has a fantastic one. Smith should've been dropped from the NSW team let alone making the Australian team. Ridiculous.

I was just about to say this. He didn't even bowl, Dussey bowled ahead of him, and his batting is nowhere near good enough to justify his selection.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Thats more like Australia!!! What a Win in my view... Saw a few fresh faces in their Squad. Very impressed with some of the pacemen, I forgot his name... Still missed the old guyzzz,, but I guess, every one has to go on his time.

These young boys will hopefully bring back the gloryyyyy

PS: Plz Plz Plz... Dont waste Shane Watson by adding him as an All-Rounder, In my humble opinion, He has the likes of becoming a master class batsman. Let him concentrate on his opening position. I heard a few days ago that he wanted to go down the order because of the tiredness. No plz don't do that selectors and team management... Dont put extra pressure on him.....

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Nice seeing Cummins making an instant impact. Was a shame having Warner run out, would have liked to see if he could keep up his consistency with score.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I would say Just recall Harris for ODI's. Siddle is nothing special.

Agree about Siddle. I think he's one of those easy to hit guys, has a nice speed onto and off the bat. I think he's a Test only bowler, and even then I'm not his biggest fan.

Last night again we saw Smith AND O'Keefe bowling less than Dave Hussey. Now I know exactly why that is...because Ingram, Duminy and Miller are all lefties. It's a captaincy trend that I'm getting sick of - how the hell will Smith and O'Keefe learn to bowl at lefties when they never get the chance? Captains are all 'no we need to spin it away from the bat' even if it means bowling Hussey instead of a better spinner.

As for Smith in general, well it's all about development and hoping that he fulfills the talent he has. It's the same reason Pattinson and Cummins get picked ahead of many other capable bowlers - the selectors are hoping to see talent turn into actual results. But I think you're vibe is right, we're at the point with Smith where he'd be much better off playing domestic cricket - he just doesn't get the opportunities to improve much in these games.

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Agree about Siddle. I think he's one of those easy to hit guys, has a nice speed onto and off the bat. I think he's a Test only bowler, and even then I'm not his biggest fan.

Last night again we saw Smith AND O'Keefe bowling less than Dave Hussey. Now I know exactly why that is...because Ingram, Duminy and Miller are all lefties. It's a captaincy trend that I'm getting sick of - how the hell will Smith and O'Keefe learn to bowl at lefties when they never get the chance? Captains are all 'no we need to spin it away from the bat' even if it means bowling Hussey instead of a better spinner.

As for Smith in general, well it's all about development and hoping that he fulfills the talent he has. It's the same reason Pattinson and Cummins get picked ahead of many other capable bowlers - the selectors are hoping to see talent turn into actual results. But I think you're vibe is right, we're at the point with Smith where he'd be much better off playing domestic cricket - he just doesn't get the opportunities to improve much in these games.

But how long do they plan to give Smith? Clarke hardly bowled him in Sri Lanka, Punter didn't like bowling him in tests and now White probably won't bowl him much either. So what is he there for? He's never in the top 10, possibly, even top 15 T20 batsmen in Aus. And he's had a lot of matches now for little return. I just don't see the point in picking him, send him back to state level and let him develop his potential there.

Users who are viewing this thread