Australia & South Africa's tour of Zimbabwe August-September 2014

ninjapintu

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Screw AB why the hell would he hit 2 sixes and not let Faf get a 100? Most selfish act of cricket...

AB at the press conference said that he simply lost track of where faf was and went after bad bowling from AUS.

Thats exactly what I thought happened. When you are in the middle about the win a final in 12 years, with opposition bowlers having long chats with you, I doubt you would keep calculating number of runs required for your partner to get a century.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
AB at the press conference said that he simply lost track of where faf was and went after bad bowling from AUS.

Thats exactly what I thought happened. When you are in the middle about the win a final in 12 years, with opposition bowlers having long chats with you, I doubt you would keep calculating number of runs required for your partner to get a century.

But surely he can look at the scoreboard and he knew Faf was close, no matter what he says there were 11 overs left and Faf need 8 runs to break the record...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well played SA, developing a very good all round side. First series where Bailey has been poor, normally so reliable. Batting remains flaky against the moving stuff both spinning and swinging while our bowling struggled at times.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
What Australia lack is actually a proper ODI spinner. Someone who can keep it very tight, like Jadeja or someone who is an out-and-out attack bowler like Tahir. Australia dont have a Tahir-like spinner and the only spinner who resembles Jadeja is SOK, who is always neglected for some reason. MJ and Lyon should be kept only for tests while SOK and maybe Richardson would be able replacements.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
50 overs is the one format SOK hasn't done well in but as usual picking any spinner usually is picking someone with a crap average.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
But the truth is, we are criticizing AB because of him, Faf didn't get to his century. If AB had helped Faf to get to his century, we all would have been praising and saying "AB is a Selfless cricketer" or "AB did a good thing that he didn't finish the game and helped his team mate get to century" or "AB is the reason of Faf's record for most number of centuries in a One-Day International Series"

Or we would of said well done to AB for doing what nearly every other batsmen would of done...​

Users who are viewing this thread