Australia tour of South Africa, 2008/09

Dunno about that he could be like warne oh so close but just didnt get there.
The way he bats is risky all the edges fell safely this time but othertimes he wont be so lucky.
Not very often will it all go his way like it did today.

Why cant he do this in 1dayers.

Dunno about that he could be like warne oh so close but just didnt get there.
The way he bats is risky all the edges fell safely this time but othertimes he wont be so lucky.
Not very often will it all go his way like it did today.

Why cant he do this in 1dayers.

Oneday he will comeout as the night watchman and will belt a double ton.;)

Mr.Cricket added 5 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Anyone think Johnson going to Kill Morkel when he gets the chance ? All the quicks will be fired up. 3 or 4 wickets b4 stumps will be very handy. We won't get much cricket this session though. We will struggle to get a result IMO.

Mr.Cricket added 11 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

And Johnson strikes in the first over. Smith gone for a duck. Just give Mitch the MOTS allready......

still plenty in the pitch just gotta keep it in the right areas.
Which SA failed to do.
Fantastic start.

Can hilfy swing it both ways?
If he has an inswinger hes gonna cause heaps of trouble here and in england

Hopefully all the decent action'll happen in the next 20odd minutes, as I'll be flicking back to England to see KP score a hundred in abit ;)

Hopefully all the decent action'll happen in the next 20odd minutes, as I'll be flicking back to England to see KP score a hundred in abit ;)

Oh dear. You should smash them. They're terrible. If Pietersen doesn't make a hundred today, then he deserves to be dropped.

I can't believe that the Saffa commentator on now, mentioned for the 2nd time today that he believes Jacques Kallis is the greatest player to play the game. Can't say I agree in the slightest, Sir Garfield Sobers all the way for me. Better in the field and a better batsman, although Kallis' bowling is better. Kallis has a phenomenal record, but better than Sobers? I don't think so.

I can't believe that the Saffa commentator on now, mentioned for the 2nd time today that he believes Jacques Kallis is the greatest player to play the game. Can't say I agree in the slightest, Sir Garfield Sobers all the way for me. Better in the field and a better batsman, although Kallis' bowling is better. Kallis has a phenomenal record, but better than Sobers? I don't think so.

Yeah I was talking about it on another forum. I think it was Daryll Cullinan. Absolutely ridiculous to say such a thing. There are so many you could name that are better.

I like the early change to bring on Siddle, Kallis looked almost bored against Johnson, but against two right armers he is, for better or for worse, moving around and playing more.

South Africa have lost a few tests at home in the last 5 years (to England, Australia, India, Pakistan, West Indies), looks like this will be another one.

Maybe they have taken their eye of the ball and are thinking more about winning the series and number 1 ranking than the actual process of playing good cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread