Australia tour of South Africa 2018

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What a total eyewash. What did Sutherland hold this PC for? Didn't announce sanctions, acquitted Lehmann. Time buying ploy to get his boys back home and then announce trivial punishments!

If the punishments are of some gravity and already decided, why not let the world know? Smells like a rat to me.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
How did Lehmann get away O.o

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It sounds BS that Lehmann had no knowledge. Who are they trying to fool? And why does Lehmann need saving? Something's seriously wrong here.

Actually now thinking back, it seems like I am inclined to agree with the conspiracy theories which suggest that Warner is the prime culprit and that Smith was pulled into this and he wanted to come clean of this (though unfortunately after it all happened and was caught on camera!) and pulled in the entire leadership group (in an attempt to bring Warner out in the open).

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Update on the 3rd test line up
Renshaw
Burns
Shaun Marsh
Handscomb
Maxwell
Mitch Marsh
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Paine leading the team is honestly not the best idea imo. Next series Smith should either be given back the captaincy or Bailey is brought back because smith Warner and Bailey are the only three that are captain material at international level cricket

S

Satan666

Our Next Leadership Group :

Paine + Cummins (Always Liked Both Of Them & Cheeks :') (Can't Hate This Guy!)
Just Look At Him!
qmA6fAG.png

Cummins indeed seems future captain been a fan of his bowling ever since he came out and cant say I recall him sledging like Starc and Hazlewood.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Are u kidding me Sutherland
How can someone overlook that reaction of Lehmann that was clearly caught on cameras while on the walkie talkie
U dont need a detective to know that
This is utter bullshit
I think CA has just gone with the statements that were given to them by the players investigated bcoz no one had proof what Lehmann actually said on that walkie talkie
Very disappointed with CA on this
They should know that ICC has already given their verdict and theirs is the one that matters the most now

S

Satan666

Given Boof’s comments in the press overime it amazes me Sutherland talks about a new culture and yet they leave him as coach shows that they approve of his win all costs mentality.

Having said that I have faith in the CA investigations Boof didnt knew of the dark plan Warner hatched.

On the bright side least you dont have Ponting coaching the team, win or loss they’ll be bullying players and match officials alike!

backfootdrive

School Cricketer
Well that press conference was a joke, everybody could smell the BS within 5 mins of that press conference starting (leadership group doesnt consist of the coach with his walkie talkie?!?!?gimme a break..), it reeks of damage control e.g make sure they dont lose already what is going to be ALOT from their sponsorship and TV renewals.

think KP's Tweet summed it up tbh....

stefan

International Coach
Plus I noticed you mentioned Amla called a terrorist, Ntini a baboon etc etc but do any of those bring the players family into it like Warners has ? I don't think bringing a players mrs or children into it should ever happen which is why I'd say that was too far and why we complained. I don't think too highly of mrs Warner either but don't think it should be bought into things. Lucky you guys dont know her whole history and just the Sonny Bill stuff otherwise it'd have been even worse :lol

Racism is way way worse then bringing family members into it especially ones with a public history like mrs warner...

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Racism is way way worse then bringing family members into it especially ones with a public history like mrs warner...
And I doubt players like Ntini or Amla bring such abuse upon themselves. Warner asks for it most of the time.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What a shame. Disgraceful really. Seems like the same old thing to me. Let's say Lehmann wasn't involved. We don't have any evidence, and they conducted an investigation, so let's say we accept that on merit. Even if somehow Lehman wasn't involved, he still clearly tried to cover it up. That much is certain. You're telling me that necessitates no action / censure from CA. Sutherland honestly has the nerve to stand there and talk about a reexamination of cricketing culture, and then overlooks completely that action from the man who should be in control of his change room? If nothing happens to Lehmann, that would be disgraceful.

EDIT: People are already noting that. They're not stupid Mr. Sutherland despite you treating them like you assume they are. I suspect this is a sign that the players will get off relatively easy as well as people here have mentioned,

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The ICC can't really ban them for too long. The precedent was set with du Plessis, Tendulkar and Pakistan. du Plessis 50% match fee for his first incident and 3 demerit points for his second incident, Tendulkar a one game ban and Pakistan 5 penalty runs. Most though overturned after excuses. I mean come on, Afridi got a two match ban for BITING the ball (which was hilarious watching). People seem to forget these things.
There is a gray area with all of these. Especially the one with Pakistan. Derrell Hair is a well known questionable person (I'll keep it civil). The only one that was disgraceful was Afridi really, and I suspect he just got the idea in his head, knowing his style. He was probably trying to bring the ball back into shape. Disgraceful nonetheless. This is a captain admitting a coordinated effort, with clandestine methods and coverups and walkie talkies and acting performances, on the heels of claiming a 'holier than thou' attitude. Not at all the same really.

Users who are viewing this thread