Australian Channel 9 World Cup Schedule

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Agree - was pretty pitiful. I wonder if they'll show any of the SF or final. Not holding my breath. Makes you wonder what will happen in 2015. Would be great to have matches on free to air TV to get the country into the WC, but nope they'll probably be hidden on Fox again...

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
absolutely DISGRACEFUL by 9 only showing the last 3 hours of the India game. absolutely appauling.

I agree

I had to watch Australia's Innings down at the club. The later it got I was getting worried that I'd be kicked out of the place for closing time

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It would have been impossible to enjoy the WC only relying on Nine's coverage. Most of the matches went into the early hours of the morning, so it's ridiculous that they wouldn't even show the second innings of the heavyweight matches. But no fearsome tweak that, can't disrupt the bs infomercials and religious crap.

I had unsubscribed to the sport channels after the rugby league season, but got them back the day the WC started and very happy that I did. Ireland vs. England was worth it alone :D

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah Channel 9's coverage of this year's World Cup has been pathetic to say the very least. I wanna find out who was the turkey who made these decision so I can lop it's head off and have it for Christmas dinner

sjdigitall

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Complete rubbish from the once so called "home of sport" and even more home of cricket. From not showing the Ashes in HD to this pathetic coverage of the cup, Cricket Australia must be really considering other channels for when the rights go up again. One HD and 7 have a big chance now to take it after these really pathetic mishaps from Channel 9.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah and with any luck the other networks might wanna show overseas series as well. Bad enough 9 have the rights to the 2013 Ashes.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Bad enough 9 have the rights to the 2013 Ashes.
Which is the last series covered by the current rights agreement. With the World Cup in 2015 I'd suggest there will be a much more competitive bidding process this time.

Users who are viewing this thread