Australian Domestic Cricket

I take back everything I said about the batsmen getting a good day and spin being a prospect later on. The radar for Melbourne is terrible, today is a complete washout and maybe even tomorrow.

Shame we lost a whole day, should spruce up the pitch a bit, and the players are used to 4 day matches, so provided we don't have any more interruptions (which is highly unlikely) there could be a result.

Well depends on the forecast. I dare say the main reason the final is a 5 dayer(Length of a test match) is to maximise the chance of an outright result.

Well depends on the forecast. I dare say the main reason the final is a 5 dayer(Length of a test match) is to maximise the chance of an outright result.

Yeah that's pretty true. Two and a half days through and still into the first innings.

Good to see Nannes is still bowling in the high 140s, he looked like he cutting his pace back earlier in the season, but they seem to be coming out nicely today. Queensland are on the ropes now and a follow-on is reasonably likely.

Ah yep another one of those pitches where one team looks great and the other can't make a run. Good to see McKay getting wickets, what pace is he bowling at?

Trying not to get to far ahead of ourselves, if Victoria get into a position to enforce the follow on tomorrow sometime, it would be wise for to bowl again. If there is rain interruptions, that favors Victoria, and gives them more time to bowl them out and if necessary, come in and chase any extra runs required.

No reason we won't bowl again really, it gives us an outright victory chance and no way we can lose it. Our bowlers haven't bowled much either so it's not as if they are overtired.

Not surprised they are batting again. Just bat out the rest of the match to make sure they win the trophy. No point making their bowlers go out bowling when they can sit with their feet up.

Good to see Nannes is still bowling in the high 140s, he looked like he cutting his pace back earlier in the season, but they seem to be coming out nicely today. Queensland are on the ropes now and a follow-on is reasonably likely.
It seems like he never fails to perform. I know he is old, but how long can you keep someone with a record like his out of your Test setup.

Queensland got destroyed. Although there was never a chance they could put themselves in a winning position. Not much of a competition.

Ah yep another one of those pitches where one team looks great and the other can't make a run. Good to see McKay getting wickets, what pace is he bowling at?

About 125-130 km/h, skids on.

Sheffield Shield Champions 2008/2009 - Victoria

:D:D:D:D:D

Cheers for that, it seems all our tall bowlers are around that pace. He will need to find an extra 10km/h to cause problems at the next level.

Well, as it as expected, the match went to a draw and the Vics take the shield.

I must say congrats to Martin Love for finishing his FC career off with an unbeaten century.

Users who are viewing this thread