Australian Domestic Cricket

Yep, and I know this might sound harsh but I blame a lot of it on Thornely. He is our most experienced player, our captain and he is just so prone to getting really low scores when the pressure is on. If we want to win the FC this year he needs to stand up and lead from the front when the pressure is on. We want tons when the score is 4/20 not 4/400 :p

Lol you are preaching to the converted, I blame Thornely every time he fails lol. But yea he needs to step up when the pressure is on, since he is the most experienced batter and having him failing like the others doesn't help the team.

Well looks like everyone is going to do it now, I'm glad we did it at the beginning of the year instead of days before the final.

God, get the internationals out of the game. I was biased about being ok with McCullum for one game but if he wanted to play a season I probably wouldn't have been okay with it. The Aussie talent is what makes our competitions so great.

Ok, fine. We can have internationals. One per team. One every 3 years. If you can keep your international for 3 years then good onya, but if you lose him after the first one then tough. If I was a board member I would be putting that forward.

This is only for the T20 so not too fussed. The problem comes when they start taking a OD or FC spot from a youngster. I didn't mind Khan in for SA since the youngsters would have benefited but a KP turning up for Victoria would be over the line.

Edit: Just noticed you are allowed two internationals now. One too many for my liking, takes away the opportunity to try youngsters. Also if we want internationals we would be better off looking at our own ones.

To me it looks like the first steps away from state rep. sides to franchise-based teams for t-20 in Australia. Eventually the franchise base will dominate T-20 with teams coming from every continent. Still a ways to go for that to happen but its gradually taking shape.

Whens that club twenty20 tournament? It's NSW and Vic this year right? That'll be pretty good seeing our young guns go up against some of the best.

Ah damn. I'm not really interested about winning it as much as I am about seeing our young guns gain some valuable experience tbh. But of course winning would be nice. :)

Thanks for the link btw.

Our squad
NSW contracted players for 2009-2010: Aaron Bird, Mark Cameron, Beau Casson, Burt Cockley, Peter Forrest, Josh Hazlewood, Moises Henriques, Phil Jaques, Usman Khawaja, Grant Lambert, Greg Mail, Peter Nevill, Stephen O'Keefe, Ben Rohrer, Daniel Smith, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Dominic Thornely, David Warner

Cricket Australia contracts: Doug Bollinger, Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Brad Haddin, Nathan Hauritz, Phillip Hughes, Simon Katich, Brett Lee, Shane Watson.

Rookie Contracts: Daniel Burns, James Crosthwaite, Luke Doran, Scott Henry, Simon Keen, Joshua Lalor, Phillip Wells

Watson headlines Blues squad - Domestic Cricket - Fox Sports

Phillip Wells is a right arm swing bowling all rounder from the article. Good to see Doran in the squad, probably won't get game time with Casson, Smith and possible Hauritz in the side but hope he can make the 2nd 11.

Maybe worth a go, from what I remember James wasn't going so well in grade and Nevill ain't that great. But Adam's batting record thus far is pretty average especially when you consider his T20 stats are better than his OD and FC. Maybe he would click with us and unleash his potential.

Maybe worth a go, from what I remember James wasn't going so well in grade and Nevill ain't that great. But Adam's batting record thus far is pretty average especially when you consider his T20 stats are better than his OD and FC. Maybe he would click with us and unleash his potential.
Forgot about Nevill, that'd give you 3 Victorian wicketkeepers (James never played for the Bushrangers of course).

I'd say he's definitely better than Smith, although NSWmen seem to hate Adam.

Chris Gayle has singned with WA.

Gayle signs with Western Australia | Australia Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Western Australia have secured Chris Gayle for the Twenty20 Big Bash next summer, following Victoria's signing of his West Indies team-mate Dwayne Bravo last week. Gayle will join the Warriors for the Twenty20 tournament, which falls between West Indies' Test and one-day series in Australia, in the new-year period.

It's not so bad I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread