Australian Domestic Cricket

Well it also says NSW have expressed an interest in Shahid Afridi.

With Gayle and Bravo, two of the most sought-after West Indies players, now off the market, the pressure will increase on the other four states to lock in their own international recruits. New South Wales are keen to attract Kumar Sangakkara, although Sri Lanka might have international commitments at the time, and have also expressed an interest in Pakistan's Shahid Afridi.

So is McCullum still signed to play with NSW?

Our KFC Big Bash is starting to lose it's local feel about it now. The sooner we get that SPL off the ground the better, just crazy that these Internationals will be playing in the KFC Big Bash but our own Internationals will be elsewhere.

Our KFC Big Bash is starting to lose it's local feel about it now. The sooner we get that SPL off the ground the better, just crazy that these Internationals will be playing in the KFC Big Bash but our own Internationals will be elsewhere.

I didn't think the SPL was happening?

I'm liking our squad. Doran is a good inclusion. Should be a good year for us.

Yeah it sucks. The big bash was meant to be the pinnacle of breeding young players!!

SPL? Whats this?

Good that with Gayle in our squad we may actually win a game (will be weird seeing him in a W.A guernsey)! Not a fan of these internationals being allowed to play State cricket but seeing as we got Gayle I won't be complaining as much now.

And no, I don't think McCullum is in the NSW team this season, I think that was just a one match cameo.

SPL? Whats this?

Good that with Gayle in our squad we may actually win a game (will be weird seeing him in a W.A guernsey)! Not a fan of these internationals being allowed to play State cricket but seeing as we got Gayle I won't be complaining as much now.

And no, I don't think McCullum is in the NSW team this season, I think that was just a one match cameo.

Tough for SPL to take off - Majola | South Africa Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

The SPL is the Southern Premier League and would consist of teams from SA, NZ and Australia. It would be pretty much another IPL I think.

Hmmm Tassie squad is very interesting. We've dropped quite a few decent players and have gained a few young talents and Ed Cowan. We'll have a very good bowling attack.

Hmmm Tassie squad is very interesting. We've dropped quite a few decent players and have gained a few young talents and Ed Cowan. We'll have a very good bowling attack.

Yeah Eddy Cowan aint a bad bloke. Used to like him. Dropped down into our second XI so he'll be a bit rusty. Bit sad he couldn't break into our team against the likes of Forrest but then I like to look at it like our selectors are looking to the future. Cowan is probably better then Forrest atm, who is really incosistent, but Forrest is one for the future and we don't want to lose him.

I just hope Cowan doesn't star like Krejza did when we let him go down south.

We can't keep all the talent up in NSW sadly. Guys like Cooper and Cowan needed to move away to get their break. We still got Warner, Khawaja, Smith, Forrest in the batting and probably some other youngsters.

Yeah keep forgetting Cooper was a New South Welshman. Makes me proud thinking of all those young players that are ours :D. We normally get it right about who to keep like keeping Hughes and not Cowan for example, but occasionally we wont get it right eg Cooper.

Users who are viewing this thread