Australian Domestic Cricket

yea we shouldnt have let go of Noffke. Bad choice there. I like the idea of the 2 new balls though, can you tell im a bowler lol

Interesting seeing Marsh come in at 3. Walter has made an impressive start with 2 wickets.

SA again being a pain in the ass by not playing Bailey although O'Brien did take a wicket. Don't know how Cosgrove does it but hes taken another wicket.

Bloody hell! Tassie were going ok but then the umps decide to come back on the field, and guess what, we lose 2 wickets in 6 overs and then go back off!

Odd that SA went in with so many seamers, though the run rate, the uncharacteristic gloomy weather and the wickets to the part-timers suggest it is tough going out there.

James Smith the new guy I'm looking out for. Impressive opening batter for SA who seems to churn out the runs like Hughes did previously. Cosgrove has gone alright so far. Krejza seems to have more control bowling 8 maidens and taking 3 wickets.

Other game, Walter got a well deserve 6 fer looks to be a good talent for Queensland. Good knock from Magoffin and North. Ronchi did his usual epic fail.

James Smith too, he followed his maiden hundred in the first innings with an unbeaten 50 in the chase, a literal match-winning performance. The bowlers did well to dominate Tassie twice, but the efforts of the 20 year old opener ensured a big win.

Smith is showing Hughes like form here, hope I haven't jinxed him and its a long season but so far so good for him. Would like to see Cooper reunited with Smith at the top with Harris down the order. Christian has made himself into a bowler that bats a bit these days, his batting certainly can be punishing on his day.

Yeah i'm surprised that Christian is at no 8, his batting was his main skill I thought, his medium pacers surely arent good enough to be considered one of the 4 main bowlers, but I guess he got a 4-fer.

His bowling has come along way since he left NSW, hes got a good bowling average in all formats these days. Pretty handy OD average too.

The Queensland v WA match was a bore fest, hope matches at the WACA don't all end up like that.

Stark turn around of fortune from the first class game for Tassie, they chased 250 with ease, an innings which suggested they could have made 300.

The effective SA bowlers weren't so effective and the new batting star in Smith didn't perform. I don't know why they moved Cooper so low, his best performances have come as opener.

No offence but Shaun Tait bowled like sh*t against the Tigers. Honestly, he was decent during his first 1 or 2 overs (Barring his one and only wicket) but the second portion of 5 overs were utter hopeless. Not to mention his fail 9th over where he got smacked around. His speed was ranging from 110 - 130 KPH. He better put the pieces together quick if he wants to make it anywhere near the Australian ODi/T20 side let alone his State side even with performances like this.

But then again he hasn't played for the Redbacks for quite a long time but that shouldn't be an excuse for such a performance should it?

To be honest I am really looking forward to the Airtel Champions League Twenty20 Semi-Final between New South Wales and Victoria. Pretty torn in this match though because I'm Sydney born so naturally I want New South Wales to win because they're my state, but I'm going for the Victorian Bushrangers as I always have because they're my team. It's played at Dehli tomorrow and If I Remember Correctly Indian Standard Time is 5 and a half hours behind Australia. I know that the match is being played 20:00 hours IST so that means that not only will it be televised at 1:30 am in the morning on Thursday, Information will more than likely posted on the forums before I even get to see replays, and therefore spoiling the match.

Users who are viewing this thread