Australian Domestic Cricket

Don't know if Casson is injured or not but if not then he really is falling in the pecking order with O'Keefe picked ahead of him.
New South Wales squad Simon Katich (capt), Phillip Hughes, Phil Jaques, Michael Clarke, Usman Khawaja, Brad Haddin (wk), Steven Smith, Steve O'Keefe, Stuart Clark, Josh Hazlewood, Burt Cockley, Doug Bollinger.

yes quite obviously too, no Warner etc. Thats a blow for Beau. He didnt bowl that bad in the WA game. Poor bugger. Change states already.

Tom Moody talked about splitting squads, but I think they're already being bred that way. It seems only players of incredible accomplishment or potential can be considered certain to play all forms of cricket. Look at the differing fortunes of Warner and Khawaja. The high profile Warner still can't buy himself a 4 day game, while Khawaja has quietly carved his niche there.

I'm not getting the feed. BTW does anybody know if these domestic games are on some live radio?

C'mon NSW collapse, let Hughes score 300 to draw the match ;)

This will be a great experience for Khawaja to bat with the Australian captain in waiting and make an impression on him.

Whatever Ronchi has changed in the off season, it really seems to be working, once again he has made a start.

I didn't realise this until now but Ronchi was born in the town I grew up in, I feel so special :p

Khawaja 2 runs short of a 50. Hopefully he can go on to make a 100. This is one of their weaker bowling lineups they have fielded.

McGain making a late push for a spin spot with 4 wickets but he will have to be more consistent to get back into the picture and even then his age will probably be the main problem.

Khawaja 2 runs short of a 50. Hopefully he can go on to make a 100. This is one of their weaker bowling lineups they have fielded.

McGain making a late push for a spin spot with 4 wickets but he will have to be more consistent to get back into the picture and even then his age will probably be the main problem.

I watched McGain bowl today and I have to admit he was rather impressive. It was only three or so overs but he was just so tight and didn't really give anything away, I can't really remember seeing him bowl a bad ball or anything.

Seems stumps wasn't called after all, well made 50 by Khawaja, he should have left a lasting impression on Clarke.

I watched McGain bowl today and I have to admit he was rather impressive. It was only three or so overs but he was just so tight and didn't really give anything away, I can't really remember seeing him bowl a bad ball or anything.

That is what got him into the Aussie team, good control and turn. If he was younger then I'm sure he would have been persisted with despite his debut.

Users who are viewing this thread