Australian Domestic Cricket

Steven Smith finally got some reward cleaning up Marsh and the tail. O'Keefe was probably the better of the spinners and hes making it very hard for Casson to get back in.

Hogan taking a bit of a bashing so far, not so peachy for him. 0/61, Victoria in a good position to win this.

Great Stuff from McDonald. First win of the title defence coming up tomorrow, only about 190 runs to knock off. Hopefully someone will score a ton.

As you all know, I was pretty disappointed Hughes wasn't selected. So I would really love him to get a ton tommorow.

Katich got another start but he will be disappointed that he didn't go on. Seems like he has brought his Aussie form over where he would get 50s but then not convert. Before he got back into the Aussie side he was smashing 100s all over the place. Hope he hasn't forgotten how to do it.

Jaques out cheaply as Hughes tries to regain ground.

Victoria cruising to victory, its going to require another choke from them to lose this season. They are missing so many players at the moment and still killing it.

Weet-Bix Sheffield Shield Squad
12th man to be named on the morning of the match

Stuart Clark (c)
Burt Cockley
Phillip Hughes
Moises Henriques
Josh Hazlewood
Phil Jaques
Usman Khawaja
Grant Lambert
Steve Smith
Daniel Smith
Ben Rohrer
David Warner

Ford Ranger Cup squad

12th man to be named on the morning of the match

Stuart Clark (c)
Burt Cockley
Phillip Hughes
Moises Henriques
Josh Hazlewood
Phil Jaques
Dominic Thornely
Grant Lambert
Steven Smith
Daniel Smith
Ben Rohrer
David Warner

News Display | News | Cricket NSW

Looks like Hazelwood should make his Shield debut. Warner finally cracks the Shield team and I would say hes a given with Lambert to miss out. Both squads are missing that 4th bowler, and with the way Smith is batting I don't see why we couldn't keep him in the batting role and bring in another bowler.

When's the game? Happy to see Warner given a go again. Hazlewood's a gun, will be good to see how he goes..

Most of these two teams is what we'll be seeing in the national set up for the next ten years! That's a bit creepy!!

Future international hopefuls:
Phillip Hughes - Will be back
David Warner - Good cricketer
Burt Cockley - Young, lots of control
Henriques - Already proven
Hazlewood - Definite, only 18
Phil Jaques - Unlikely
Khawaja - Maybe....
Steven Smith - Good leggie, future of our spin bowling

No coverage of the Tas v SA game, gutted by that as I could have taken a good look at George who has 3 wickets already.

Also annoyed that they arenn't streaming it.

Thank you NSW! Giving us another player who's actually awesome. Ed Cowan , what an innings. 204*, especially in one day where he was going slow but ending up with a strike rate of about 65-70.

You'll have to wait until the shield final to see him on tv, if SA make it! Unlikely. Or if he gets game in the Ford Ranger Cup.

I believe the live streaming is only happening from the MCG so I just got to wait for SA to play Victoria at the MCG.

Nice to see Cowan getting runs, you can always trust in players from NSW :p

Stuart Clark started out bowling below 120 kph, but after a few overs he brought his pace into the mid 120s. He bowled a few outswingers, but it wasn't overly threatening.

Cockley also took some time to loosen up, at first bowling mostly 126-130 and letting out a lot of grunts, but just before the end of his spell he got up to 139. Could have had the wicket of Marsh, a dropped catch in the ring by Warner very early on.

Hazelwood continues to look promising, bowling 130-138 kph. On memory, I think he was the only bowler thus far to favour a yorker, but he wasn't particularly containing.

Henriques bowled with surprising pace, but couldn't find a length and was part of a productive period for the WA openers. I suppose he struggles to hit a length at any pace, so he might as well bowl 140 kph+

The tall and burly Lambert has bowled a good start on his comeback to the side, a tidy line at first, genuine fast-medium pace with a few balls hitting the seam too. He is also bowling bouncers and changing his pace by as much as 20 kph. This is looking like the sort of bowling needed on such a wicket.

The lack of change-ups on such a wicket has been disappointing. Although Clark is probably too slow to offer a sharp bouncer any more, several members of the attack are both tall and fast enough to do so.

Wes Robinson has batted with imperious fashion, but Lambert has managed to make him chop on for 70. Changes of pace work, ladies and gentlemen. Shaun Marsh remains near 50, but it has been a quiet day. Can he move to the fore, or maybe it is a day for a captain's knock from Voges.

Users who are viewing this thread