Australian Domestic Cricket

What sort of speed is Feldman getting? Nice to see Cosgrove opening, always liked him in that position.
Sustained mid-high 130s; I'm sure he's got as much pace as Hilfenhaus or Bollinger. Was comparable to Geeves on the night, but was getting more bounce and zip.

What a game! Bookies couldn't have fixed a finish like that!

Good shape from Dorey, jut getting the outswinger going.

angryangy added 2 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Will Sherridan got a chance to open after a strong showing in the Futures League, but he was out cheaply when he drove Dorey uppishly to cover.

angryangy added 6 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Finch has still got his form from South Africa. Mowing the cover boundary.

angryangy added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Couple of lbw shouts for Finch, the ball shaping in might be where he's a bit weaker.

Hodge can't take a trick, two meaty shots square on either side, both fielded just inside the rope.

angryangy added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Hogan has injured himself appealing! Slipped his ankle over as he turned around. Good shout though.

Man I wish it wasn't 12 a side. I don't see the point of that rule...why on earth do we need another player? What does an extra player bring to the game of cricket? Yes it gives one more player a go, but we shouldn't be handing out state berths willy-nilly. It just lengthens batting lineups, which is stupid because a) they've shortened the game by 5 overs and don't need more batsmen and b) it teaches the bad habit of putting less value on your wicket. I guess the administrators are hoping for more rash shots. Rash shots=money in their eyes...

But anyway, apart from the 12 players idea, I really like the changes. Don't want to come across as a pessimist...:p

I like the 12 players a side. The 12 overs per bowler, 2 bouncers per over and more leniency on wides evens up the fact you can bat with 8 batsmen and just 3 bowlers.

mattfb added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

WA really don't need that Hogan injury. Magoffin is already out and Knowles is out for the season.

Dorey not getting his line right. Noffke on the money, as we've come to expect.

angryangy added 10 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Ronchi was wired up, but he's come undone chasing the ball to fine leg

Top start from Victoria. WA are really going to miss Knowles this season from the looks of it. How long is Magoffin out for?

Marsh just got walloped for six down the ground by Finch. Hodge not doing too much, but not doing badly either.

angryangy added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Top start from Victoria. WA are really going to miss Knowles this season from the looks of it. How long is Magoffin out for?
I don't think they're sure on Magoffin, I thought I read 'indefinite'

angryangy added 7 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

captain offers the opposition a beer

angryangy added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Slow left arm, over the wicket. Not looking too threatening. Hodge takes him down to long off. Second six!

angryangy added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Run out chance... Mitchell Marsh picks up and pops it into the air before he can throw.

angryangy added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Hodge slog sweeps Heal now for six more.

Big big big six. Straight over by Finch.

angryangy added 14 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Smashing start. 1/131 Finch and Hodge both looking scary. WA in trouble.

Finch looks an awesome talent indeed, power and style. Would be great to see him score big in the 4 day stuff. Looks better than Ferguson IMO.

No Dirk, so it looks like it will just be between Harwood and Siddle to see who is fastest this game... so far Harwood up to 141

angryangy added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Good maiden by Harwood. Full, straight and very brisk; Marsh pinned for shot selection.

angryangy added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Now there he is, signature straight drive off McKay.

Marsh now finds the straight drive to Harwood, doesn't get it all the way this time.

Robinson out! Short! Bounce! Outside the off and just edges it through to White.

angryangy added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Big shout on Davis first ball. Maybe high. Davis is Tendulkar-esque in stature, though.

angryangy added 4 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

ooh ahh. jags in back of a length. right through davis and just over the stumps. reminiscent of someone...

angryangy added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

lofty cut over cover from marsh. key player for wa.

Users who are viewing this thread