Australian Domestic Cricket

I don't think they would drop Jaques, though unfortunately Maddinson and maybe even Rohrer might miss out. There was talk about Stuart Clark becoming NSW full time captain...Or is he still just standing in for Katich?

Gilchrist added 11 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

It now appears that Ashley Noffke was pushed out. I was reading an article online that says that Mickey Arthur has shown Noffke the door and has "almost certainly" played his last game for the Warriors. He's apparently not the only one too. It seems Arthur is not going to put up with more of the same rubbish from WA like Moody seemed to. The article also says that Noffke might be in some kind of a coaching role for WA.

With this new format, and with the one point that gets given to the leader after the initial 20 overs, what happens if the scores are level? Does it go down to wickets or what?

Yeah prob.

angryangy added 14 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Not as much pace this week from the bowlers, but there's carry in the deck. Conditions look good for batting, Harwood found the top edge a couple of times, but the ball still went the distance. Carseldine was the key, smashing a quick 31, allowing Carseldine and Lynn to make a comfortable partnership.

Victoria might not have gotten as much swing out of the new ball as Queensland could, so it could be more difficult for them to get the big start they need.

Bulls have the bonus point in the bag, with two wickets to Swan, including Finch lbw first ball of the innings. Hussey nicked through to Laughlin, who although coming back from injury is looking very good, getting movement outside the off and roughing up McDonald with a bouncer. The short ball has in general been a bit more effective in this innings. Hodge seems a touch invincible however and could yet turn things around. They might want to get some spin on.

Cam Gannon comes into the team as well. I know it's a bit of an over-used reference for tall fast bowlers, but he does look a little McGrath-like.

First failure for Finch in a while, nice job by Nannes a few more of these performances and he should be back on the selectors radar for ODIs.

Can't quite see them scraping through, in spite of Hodge. Someone else really should have done something by now.

Users who are viewing this thread