Australian Domestic Cricket

I hated the format, until i watched last nights game, was very entertaining and measured each teams performance after the 20, gave some good comparison. Quite enjoyed it.

The new formats okay, not a real change though. It doesn't kill the game but it doesn't improve it either. Like the idea of first innings points though.

Anyone seen anything from Brett Lee this arvo? 2/32 10 overs so far according to the scorecards? Impressions?

I don't really like it either. Its too stop-start and it stops the batsman momentum. Queensland were going along really nicely after their first 20 overs, but when it came into the second stage as its called, they completley lost their momentum..although to their credit the Vics did bowl well.

The WA NSW game is getting a bit tighter now, seems again that split innings format seems to be disrupting the batting's sides momentum, though as the players get used to this format I suppose that momentum shouldn't be so much of a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it was an atypical Queensland batting performance. They do tend to start better than they finish. That's why they keep Philipson down the order, because they have a hard time getting a good score when he's not there at the end.

Good result got the Blues today max points. O'Keefe and Forrest batted well. And good to see Haddin getting some form leading into the Ashes.

Just what Haddin needed to remind the selectors of his abilities also helps that his rival didn't get a chance to impress today. O'Keefe just gets better and better, if hes not going well with the ball hes doign it with the bat.

It's a shame Marsh is batting with hardly any overs, bowling looked a bit off today.

Wow, didn't really expect Tassie to smash the Redbacks by that much. We compeltely smashed them. So far so good for Mark Cosgrove as well, thanks South Australia!

I can't believe that the Redbacks released Cosgrove, they simply don't seem to have the batting to replace his runs. It doesn't matter if he is overweight or not,
if he is scoring runs, which he was, they should of had no problem in just leaving him be.

Everytime I see Cosgrove opening hes usually making 50s. Hard to find that sort of consistency in the OD comp.

I would mainly because of all the injured bowlers Australia has at the moment, such as Tait, Ryan Harris & Bollinger. He still has a few games as well before they play Sri lanka to show his fitness, with the game on friday and NSW plays Sri Lanka in a warm up match..

Ryobi Cup: Brett Lee stakes claim for international return | Australia Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Would you guys bring Lee back?

He's had 1 game back and is calling for selection. Problem is he will most likely get called up then injured again.

Well, the selectors persistence worked with Shane Watson :) Personally I think it's a bad argument. Why not use whatever he's got left in his body? You don't want to die wondering after all. If he can't stay fit, move to plan B - whoever the next bowler in line is. I don't see a huge problem with picking him. Worst thing that can happen is that he'll break down during a game. And those games won't mean anything until the World Cup, plenty of time to establish how fit he really is.

So yeah for me, I'd bring him back, I'd even be twisting his arm to make himself available for the Ashes. But that's another story - first things first, he is probably one of the great ODI bowlers of all time, quite under appreciated really. Lee and Bracken have great ODI records but are rarely recognised as great bowlers, merely good.

Anyway, while I'm the first to admit he's up to 10kph slower than most of that career, I still think he'd be very valuable. One big reason is that he can bowl at the death. At present there isn't really anyone bankable to bowl at the death. Bollinger's had a go I suppose, and Tait would get the job when he's available, but of late Shane Watson's been our death bowler for crying out loud. And as usual I point at Lee's other handy attributes, great bloke in the dressing room, experienced and can bat and field well for a fast bowler.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread