Australian Domestic Cricket

Well done Ferguson 126 in a Gily like strike rate. He definitely needed that with all the youngsters scoring runs all over the place. Beer seems to be pretty handy spinner, last match he picked up a couple of wickets and likewise this one.

Disappointing to see the other match abandoned, was hoping to see Finch make a 100.

Ferugson stakes him claim for the Test team.:D Cannot believe WA have gone in with this bowling attack.

Just caught some of the highlights for the NSW v Queensland game yesterday. I was wondering who he reminded me of and the last shot in the highlight finally saw me click, he is a left handed version of Cameron White for the straight hits anyway. Got a feeling he will crack the ODI side before Khawaja.

Interesting to see how Ferguson struggled in the domestic scene but has done much better in ODIs. He moves into the 90s now.
He was always rated, but when he hit his straps in domestic cricket, he was playing a string of ODIs soon after. One of those rare times where everything clicks.

The funny thing today is that he's hit a lot of boundaries off Mitchell Johnson. So as much as his case is good for Test batting depth, it's a poor sign for the first string side...

Just caught some of the highlights for the NSW v Queensland game yesterday. I was wondering who he reminded me of and the last shot in the highlight finally saw me click, he is a left handed version of Cameron White for the straight hits anyway. Got a feeling he will crack the ODI side before Khawaja.

You talking about Maddinson? Is he officially an opener or a middle-order batsman? Looks like he opens in FC but comes in down the order for List A/T20.

Ferguson was killing it in OD cricket before he got selected, his FC career hasn't really taken off like it should have but now it looks like it might.

aussie1st added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

You talking about Maddinson? Is he officially an opener or a middle-order batsman? Looks like he opens in FC but comes in down the order for List A/T20.

Yep, hes an opener but NSW have so many of them. Khawaja is actually an opener as well.

Maddinson looks like a proper opener, rather than just a bloke who smashes pacemen. He's got a short backlift and favours punchy shots; it's a good technique for playing the ball quite late and well geared to dealing with new ball movement.

angryangy added 10 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Ferguson was killing it in OD cricket before he got selected, his FC career hasn't really taken off like it should have but now it looks like it might.
Only his third 4-day game for SA since being selected for Aus. The first two were at the end of 08/09. It's not like he's been bad, just injured. ACLs have that effect on people.

Well more his form before being selected for Australia. IIRC he averaged about 45 in Shield when he got picked in the ODI side, so he still wasn't setting the world on fire in that format.

Massive knock today for Khawaja, coming in early at the gabba, if he makes a big score today i reckon he's a starter for the first test. Think Ferguson might need a few more scores but we'll see.

Really pleased for Blizzard, big 140 unbeaten, first ton in FC cricket. Tremendous hitter, great to see SA give the bloke a go, Victoria missed the boat there.

Cracking start this by WA.

TumTum added 15 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Massive knock today for Khawaja, coming in early at the gabba, if he makes a big score today i reckon he's a starter for the first test.

Yep I hope he plays a big one and North fails on this other match (even though it looks like a flat pitch). Noticed he averages 56 now at FC. Will be bloody ridiculous to keep playing North and as opposed to this 24 year old with a big future.

TumTum added 5 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Loving this radio commentary:
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/sportfm913

Is there one for QLD-NSW match?

Massive knock today for Khawaja, coming in early at the gabba, if he makes a big score today i reckon he's a starter for the first test. Think Ferguson might need a few more scores but we'll see.

Can't see it happening sadly. North has survived scoring next to no runs in the lead up to the NZ series and still surviving before scoring one of his career saving 100s. Then survived a chop after a poor first test in India.

Someone was mentioning moving Hughes down the order to give him a chance to show what he can do there, wouldn't have minded that as Maddinson is also a good opener.

Good knock by Blizzard, nice to see him getting more of a go in the longer format. Why can't Shaun bat like this in an ODI!

Rob I know you are watching this match live, what does the Gabba pitch look like? Is it like it was last year or is it yellow and flat as a road?

Rob I know you are watching this match live, what does the Gabba pitch look like? Is it like it was last year or is it yellow and flat as a road?

Unfortunately i'm on a Mac right now, dont have the plugin to watch streaming cricket on the CA site. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Another 50 for Khawaja, hopefully he can add another 100 to his stats. I see he now has a better FC average than Hughes.

Users who are viewing this thread