Australian Domestic Cricket

I see Mitch Marsh was on a hattrick, what a talent he is going to be. Still batting far too low for my liking, it will be hard for him to impress the selectors from 7.

Chris Duval is making some decent scores from down the order this season. In both formats. SA need it to, their batting looks pretty weak.

I see Mitch Marsh was on a hattrick, what a talent he is going to be. Still batting far too low for my liking, it will be hard for him to impress the selectors from 7.

Two crap deliveries TBH. Was more the batsmen's fault than good bowling.

Victoria stumbled early against the bowling of Butterworth, reaching 5/88, but Quiney has again turned the innings around for them. Quiney and Wade have put on 83 runs for the 6th wicket, almost doubling the score for no wicket and doing so in quick time. At Tea, Victoria need 113 from 33 overs to win.

Luke Butterworth thus far has an unassuming 8 for the match. Hilfenhaus has bowled without luck, seeing a few edges that weren't quite chances, but also a drop to Birt at 2nd slip when Wade was on 20. Not so much in Tassie's favour, Jones has conceded 8 byes off the bowling of Doherty, while Cosgrove bowled two overs for 17 at the end of the middle session to pep the hopes of the home side.

Last edited:
I am following that match as well on cricinfo and noticed that partnership too.

The match still could go either way. Only 107 runs needed by now.

I wish I could see this match.

Wade and Quiney brought Victoria to 55 runs short in victory with 5 wickets in hand. Wade got out and suddenly another two wickets fell. Doherty took two of those three wickets.

With 47 runs to go and 2 wickets Tasmania are now the favourites to win the match.

Doherty produced the vital late breakthrough, Wade drove and was swallowed up at slip by Cosgrove. To be brutally honest, he'd been doing that for 150 odd balls, having been dropped on 20 and 48. Like the thylacine, his survival was cause of frustration for Tasmania. Needless to say, the 141 run 6th wicket partnership was effective.

Doherty followed up with the wicket of Wright; he couldn't resist the full ball and aimed a big heave at deep midwicket, but the shot went perpendicular to that trajectory and popped up, to be caught at mid off.

Siddle was the third, caught through a good dive by Cossie at 1st slip off the bowling of Griffith.

7 overs to go and Tasmania have the second new ball in hand. Victoria trail by 32 and one way or another, really need one last partnership to stick. Tasmania just need 2 wickets.

Cricinfo is really slow with the updates. I've got a feeling that a wicket has fallen again.

Currently this is mentioned:

Victoria require another 33 runs with 2 wickets remaining

Butterworth gets his 5. Pattinson went long, but it was very full. Bowl'dim!

Quiney is still there. Hilfy has switched to one day mode, bowling full. Quiney brings up his hundred, but is out next ball! Shattering! Tasmania win by 23.

What an anti-climax. Cricinfo immediately updated with the fall of the two wickets.

It was a pretty tense match.

ZexyZahid added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I accidentally read yesterday that in upcoming season city based teams will feature, but I had no idea that such big money would play a part in this.

Pretty impressive performance by Tassie to beat a near full strength Victoria side. Butterworth had an impressive performance with the ball, if only he got his batting up then he would be getting a look in.

Users who are viewing this thread