Australian Domestic Cricket

Tassie struggled through a nippy morning session, with quick wickets to Wright and Pattinson, but Cosgrove ignited a stand first with Doolan for 110 and then Birt for 125. He played his chunkiest shots down the ground between cover and midwicket, also feasting on the bowling of McGain. Hussey changed tactics and brought himself and Quiney on. Slogging Hussey's quick off spinners proved to be biting off more than he could chew and Cosgrove was eventually out for a monolithic 159.

Thereafter, Tasmania slipped out of a very good position. Hussey also had Butterworth missing his quicker delivery and then Wright with the second new ball struck a double blow with the wickets of Birt and Doherty in consecutive balls. Siddle tore in all day without luck, though he also spent a spell in the middle purely bowling short to Cosgrove and Doolan. His bouncer was finally rewarded with Hilfenhaus pulling and top edging for an easy catch down the leg side to Wade. Tasmania 9/315 at stumps.

I don't know how they work it, but it seems inconsistent. On the one hand, you'd expect that the more regional games, the fewer televised games, but on the other hand, about half of the untelevised games this season will be at Adelaide or Perth.

This is because there are also overlaps. There were two one day games being played while the 1st ODI was being abandoned and there was one today. There will be three more during the Adelaide Test. Unless they can get rid of glaring conflicts, I don't see how they can schedule anything more complex.

There shouldn't be an issue televising during the test match as that will be broadcast on 9, where as the ryobi cup is on foxtel/austar.

Releasing Mark Cosgrove has got to be one of the greatest decisions ever made by SA.:sarcasm

Agree, shocking move really. Hes in the team as a batter not for his fielding and his batting has always been good as hes showing this season.

Well, he's gonna probably have to bowl tommorow. We've only gone in with the four bowlers.

There shouldn't be an issue televising during the test match as that will be broadcast on 9, where as the ryobi cup is on foxtel/austar.
Yes, technically there is no conflict, but what is the point? There won't be much of an audience for domestic one dayers during an Ashes Test.

Might be a biased call but.....Xavier Doherty is a better bowler than Nathan Hauritz. Him and Steve Smith should really be playing ahead of Hauritz. Glad the selectors have chosen X finally in the ODI squad.

Might be a biased call but.....Xavier Doherty is a better bowler than Nathan Hauritz. Him and Steve Smith should really be playing ahead of Hauritz. Glad the selectors have chosen X finally in the ODI squad.

I like Doherty, interested to see how he goes. Never been a fan of Hauritz.

I'm surprised how bad his first class record is; even though he hasn't played many games in the last 5 years, for the type of bowler he is, he goes for a lot of runs.

I'm all for more regional games. I know down here in Tassie it's not a problem as Launy and Devonport/Burnie get a game. We also get 5,000 people on average for a one day match which isn't too bad.

Here here. I was disappointed that Newcastle didn't get a game as it has the last 2 seasons and in the past. Plus NSW have played the odd game in areas such as Coffs Harbour and Wollongong.

A nicely timed 5 fer to reinforce his selection. From what I remember he performed well in the T20 warm ups and some A games. Looks like they were going on performance in the OD arena for once, else O'Keefe would have been the logical choice since hes been taken as Test backup and picked in the T20 side. Not that I'm complaining given hes the 3rd highest wicket taker this season with the best average.

Like I said on Monday, Tassie had worked their way into a good position on day 1, but they didn't go on and dominate. Victoria didn't bat very well and still managed to stay in touch. Tassie are still in a decent position to win, but the third innings has given Victoria a real chance of chasing or at least saving the game tomorrow.

Just watching SA vs WA

What is this Ryoni Cup all about?

Please can somebody tell me :noway

Users who are viewing this thread