Australian Domestic Cricket

4 years ago I think?

Oh ok. Will have to check.

Anyway loving the strenght of the Victoria & NSW teams for the upcoming sheild match. Its could pass for a test match that.

The squad of 12 is :
S Clark (c)
M Cameron
M Clarke
T Copeland
B Haddin
N Hauritz
P Hughes
P Jaques
U Khawaja
S Smith
M Starc
S Watson

I wonder if they will play two spinners and leave out one of cameron or starc, or leave a spinner out. have a feeling they will go with two spinners, they did it with smith and o'keefe last season...

swirler added 4 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

my expected lineup:

Shane Watson
Phillip Hughes
Phil Jaques
Michael Clarke
Usman Khawaja
Brad Haddin
Steven Smith
Nathan Hauritz
Mitchell Starc
Stuart Clark
Trent Copeland

12th Mark Cameron

with Mark Cameron extremely unlucky to miss out

Clark really should retire from that format as hes pretty much no chance of making it back into the Test side. Given Starc got picked for Aus A, you would think the NSW selectors have no choice but to pick him in the 11. Same for Cameron so Copeland is the unlucky one. I really hope this is not a sign of things to come as he a guy averaging 18 shouldn't not be playing 2nd 11.

The squad of 12 is :
S Clark (c)
M Cameron
M Clarke
T Copeland
B Haddin
N Hauritz
P Hughes
P Jaques
U Khawaja
S Smith
M Starc
S Watson

I wonder if they will play two spinners and leave out one of cameron or starc, or leave a spinner out. have a feeling they will go with two spinners, they did it with smith and o'keefe last season...

swirler added 4 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

my expected lineup:

Shane Watson
Phillip Hughes
Phil Jaques
Michael Clarke
Usman Khawaja
Brad Haddin
Steven Smith
Nathan Hauritz
Mitchell Starc
Stuart Clark
Trent Copeland

12th Mark Cameron

with Mark Cameron extremely unlucky to miss out

When was the last time an XI like this been assembled for a domestic team?

Should be a cracker, hopefully the stream doesn't keep freezing :cheers

When was the last time an XI like this been assembled for a domestic team?

Should be a cracker, hopefully the stream doesn't keep freezing :cheers

What wesbite are you seeing the stream from Tum?

Hundred to David Hussey. 17 fours. Suffice to say, he's looked comfortable. Hill also looked good for a bit in a big partnership with Hussey, but loaded up a big back foot cover drive and got caught at short cover. White also got out cheaply, but it could yet be a very big score if McDonald or Wade continue the proceedings.

And Dave Hussey gets his century just before tea. Vics really targetting Hauritz here: 9 overs, 0/57 for Haury. But Dave really is a good player of spin, seems to be handling Hauritz pretty easily.

White got 1, slashing at a widish ball from Starc and caught at 2nd slip.

The SCG outfield sure is slow. There are lots of threes being run as the ball pulls up in the sandy outfield. Though it must be said, it doesn't seem as loose as it was a month ago.

And Dave Hussey gets his century just before tea. Vics really targetting Hauritz here: 9 overs, 0/57 for Haury. But Dave really is a good player of spin, seems to be handling Hauritz pretty easily.

White got 1, slashing at a widish ball from Starc and caught at 2nd slip.

Watching the live stream here. Young Hill displayed the same disdain to Hauritz that India did recently & Taylor for NZ did earlier this year.

ENG batsman are above the level of hill we all would agree. So if the selectors where @ the SCG or watched this stream & still pick Hauritz (presuming he continues to struggle as this match progresses) - it will be beyond all logic.

In other news Ryan Harris seems to be bowling well.

Users who are viewing this thread