Australian Domestic Cricket

His form is unbelievable, just so many 5 fers this season and his batting has been consistent.

Watson fails opening not that he has much chance of getting an opening spot atm.

Lehmann's officially retired now. Great player, should be remembered.

Yeah Lehmann was a fantastic player and a top bloke too, helped Michael Clarke make the team and was always a pleasure to watch.

And bloody hell Victoria have got the worst batting lineup. When Hodge, Hussey and White all fail we have no one. We need guys like Klinger to stand up, I can't stand Jewell - what a pathetic excuse for an opener. He's a thug which makes him look good because he can belt the ocassional boundary.

David Hussey form hasn't been great of late. So use to him hitting 100s every game.

Hope Noffke injury isn't too serious, hes now the 3rd highest run scorer.

I was a huge fan of Darren Lehman. I'll miss seeing his name on the Aussies domestic scorecards. He was unlucky not to play more for Australia. I saw him play in a domestic twenty/20 when I was in Adelaide a year ago. he didn't really fire with the bat unfortunately. It was amazing his reception when he came out to bat though. They really loved him.

David Hussey form hasn't been great of late. So use to him hitting 100s every game.

Hope Noffke injury isn't too serious, hes now the 3rd highest run scorer.

Are you crazy? Hundreds against Pak A, averaging 76 in the Pura Cup. What does he have to do to get into form?

Are you crazy? Hundreds against Pak A, averaging 76 in the Pura Cup. What does he have to do to get into form?
He was also our only half decent batsman in our last Ford Ranger match.

He's not exactly out of form, but this game has been a bad one for him.

Vics looking ok now, a bit of a comeback, and Jewell seems to be reading my posts :) Hopefully we can get a result tomorrow, it doesn't seem like a batting pitch and Queensland are in trouble without Noffke at the moment.

Of late, I wasn't talking about games months ago. 1 100s next to his name in Pura Cup, the David Hussey of last season had a lot more than that.

4th highest run scorer in the comp? 307 runs at 76? How is that not good form?

I can't stand Jewell - what a pathetic excuse for an opener. He's a thug which makes him look good because he can belt the ocassional boundary.

I admit, I have times where I get frustrated with Jewell, but you have got to respect and admire the fact that he has no real talent, and knows it, but he just works his arse off and uses what he has to score runs.

He's a hell of alot more admirable than someone like Klinger who arguebly the stupidest cricketer ever. He would be a great FC player, if only he tried to score runs instead of trying to "stay in"

I don't mind Jewell at all. He's a lot more competent than plenty of other clubmen around the country. You know - you can't fill the side with great players, so you're happy if the rest just do the job.

Speaking of competence, where the hell did Peter Forrest's century come from? I don't think I've seen him middle a ball up to this point. Perhaps Hughes had a good effect on him. The dynamic at NSW completely changes if those two are firing.

Tait back bowling again. Not too bad. You'd expect he is going to bowl inside his limits, but he seems to be building up, fastest 146 so far.

I admit, I have times where I get frustrated with Jewell, but you have got to respect and admire the fact that he has no real talent, and knows it, but he just works his arse off and uses what he has to score runs.

He's a hell of alot more admirable than someone like Klinger who arguebly the stupidest cricketer ever. He would be a great FC player, if only he tried to score runs instead of trying to "stay in"
I know, Klinger frustrates me so much.

Good work for Jewell though, bad luck to Hodge missing out on his 300, but what a capitulation by Queensland. Injuries didn't help, but their batting shouldn't have been that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread