Australian Domestic Cricket

Finally NSW having a batting lineup that is consistent. First game in Hughes makes a 50 just like his Aus A debut.

Looks like this is Bollinger coming of age season.

Tait back bowling again. Not too bad. You'd expect he is going to bowl inside his limits, but he seems to be building up, fastest 146 so far.

Yep, it's great to see. Seemed to bowl pretty well too, especially at the death. Dizzy was good too.

Great to see Lehmann go out in style, you really can't finish much better then that. A big run chase and scoring 126* off 104 balls to see your side to victory. What a player.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was a cracking match last night. One of the top three domestic games I can remember. Ronchi got WA to a flyer and then the former Zimbabwean Sean Ervine made good on his promotion to no. 3, with 134 not out. 305 seemed insurmountable for the struggling South Australians, although in hindsight Tait's pace and Gillespie's accuracy had very much paid off, preventing free attacking at crucial moments.

Elliott was untouchable right from the start, his grace and timing so important in any Redbacks performance and you could see this pitch just had nothing on him. Although Magoffin made an early breakthrough, once Cosgrove was run out, hope was to steadily dwindle. Shrek was the name of this fairytale, as Lehmann wandered and danced to an effortless run a ball 50, before unleashing the magic, scoring a further 76 runs in just 53 balls.

Injuries didn't help, but their batting shouldn't have been that bad.
Totally demoralised. After that match, they're now missing one complete top order and pace attack. What's probably worse is that they don't have access to Hayden, Johnson or Symonds, any one of those could bring a bit of life back into the side for Friday's D/N.

Although Johnson will need his recovery time and Symonds is officially injured, I'd be surprised if Hayden wasn't perfectly good to go.

Sean Ervine isn't eligable to play for Australia is he? Bit've waste seeing as his just taking up space for other Western Australians to develop in FC & OD cricket.

Whoah mate...Sean Ervine has not done a thing till jow and was lucky to be selected last night - he's along way off the Aussie team - Zimbabwean or not

Ervine will either try and get picked for Australia or England, but his form in English Domestic Cricket has been good, and he hasn't been playing badly for WA. Nothing too special, but he definitely has some talent. In my opinion he would be one of the top all-rounders in the country, I rate him ahead of Watson.

Didn't know we lost Christian too, let go of two handy all rounders this season and our star one is still to play a game this season.

Good performance by NSW once again, just a shame for Bollinger who will miss the next game due to the Aussies coming back.

Doug Bollinger!
Clark, Lee, MacGill is back but we have to play Dougie as well. 6/68 in the first and 6/53 this innings.
Has all the 6 wickets for Tassies second innings.

12 wickets so far and the game aint over.

Was never saying he was, lol. Just saying his selection is a waste of space for Australian cricket unless his eligable.
Well as I said, he is not far off qualifying I believe, so there's a chance that he will, but he can also qualify for England, so it's probably a worthwhile exercise to give him a go.

But plenty of players are a waste of space in terms of national selection. Should WA drop Langer because he's retired from Tests? If Ervine keeping a young player out of the side, then that player needs to work harder. The premium price on spots is part of what makes the system great, not what hinders it.

Dirk Nannes is pretty damn fast. You hear the word fast used pretty vaguely, especially on stats pages where a bowler is often wrongly categorised as rfm or rf, but he is hitting 145 kph easily.

Awesome match for Bollinger I hope they keep him in but dropping Bracken would be a huge call. Unless they want to rest one of the Aussie bowlers.

Good to hear we have some quick bowlers coming through the rank.

But plenty of players are a waste of space in terms of national selection. Should WA drop Langer because he's retired from Tests? If Ervine keeping a young player out of the side, then that player needs to work harder. The premium price on spots is part of what makes the system great, not what hinders it.
Because Langer offers experience and traits that can help groom younger team mates?

Users who are viewing this thread