Australian Domestic Cricket

Good game... favourite shot was Blizzard's skyed pull-shot that went for six. I'm glad i was busy last week otherwise i would've said "doropoulis is cr*p, he should be kicked out... they should drop him for Johnston". Well good to see the selectors show faith...

May I ask about Bollinger for anyone who has seen him bowl this season? He was a bog standard, 85mph bowler when he was in England but he seems to be dominating Australian domestic cricket like no other, with five, five wicket hauls in 6 FC games.

Pretty much since his stint in England he has being a changed man. He started dominating the Pakistan A batters also with a few 5 fers before finally reaching his potential down under. I suspect if he goes back to England this time round he'll go much better.

May I ask about Bollinger for anyone who has seen him bowl this season? He was a bog standard, 85mph bowler when he was in England but he seems to be dominating Australian domestic cricket like no other, with five, five wicket hauls in 6 FC games.

He's been bowling pretty quick and swinging it in the 4 day game. Hes causing a lot of trouble.

lol at the missed chances reel, two run out chances, two dropped catches and then about ten plumb lbws.

A good comeback after a poor start for Victoria, as they chase a spot in the final here. Blizzard made a duck and Hussey only got 5, but Hodge and White are going well together now. Now 100 runs behind with 18 overs remaining.

Cricket.com.au say that Victoria have just used a batting powerplay - what the hell is that?

The batting captain has control of one of the powerplays. I can see it becoming unpopular because Victoria are the only team that know how to use them.

yep theres 2 powerplays 1 can be used anytime by fielding side(after 1st 10) the other 1 can be taken when the batting team decides.

More often than not the batting powerplays backfire because it brings in the field so batsmen then need to take risks an hit over the top.
Maybe a sign that captians shouldnt be so defensive in 1dayers and keep more fielders up instead of allowing easy 1s an 2s in middle overs.

That's the rule that I wanted in place, makes the game that bit more interesting and now the pressure is on the batters to use their powerplay wisely.

That McKay has been going pretty decent 21 average in OD. A few years back I was complaining that Victoria had too many old bowlers around and weren't helping our bowling stocks but they sure have changed that.

McKay is a big unit, would like 5 kph more out of him, though. That's why Siddle gets the big wraps, his bowling action is so robust, plenty of power and even though he has improvements to make, he has the basics to work with.

I saw McKay height 1.94m very decent, I suspect he'll be able to get the bounce that McGrath use to get.

MCKAY IS CRAP

however

we will win the treble im already got my treble t shirt ready to wear around

Users who are viewing this thread