Australian Domestic Cricket

Khawaja named for the Blues. Considering their limited overs performances, I'm surprised it has taken this long.

Both :)
Hes another one of those opening all round we have. More a batter than bowler but more than handy with the ball. Been calling for his name for most of last season, about time!

Geeves is in some purple patch bowled very well today out bowling Hilfy again.

Matthew Elliott has retired, leaving the Redbacks an utter disaster.

In little more than a year, South Australia have bled almost 800 FC matches worth of experience. This season leaves SA with no batsman averaging higher than 39.

LOL that is pretty bad planning ahead from the selectors.

Elliot was a champ. :clap

No Tait, No Elliot, No Lehmann bring on 2009 :rolleyes:

I think its a shame. With those three no longer in action, plus the fact that the captain is a batsman who can only make any sort of impact with his part time off breaks, SA are in a bit of trouble. Is it time for Jason Gillespie to step up and take the reins maybe?

Been a long time between 100s for Paine but hes finally got one.
Hilfy got whacked in his 4 overs, looks to be going down the road of Cullen and co.

Interesting move by WA to declare just after a 100.

I think its a shame. With those three no longer in action, plus the fact that the captain is a batsman who can only make any sort of impact with his part time off breaks, SA are in a bit of trouble. Is it time for Jason Gillespie to step up and take the reins maybe?
Manou was made captain.

Dam NSW have depth in that bowling. Leave out Bracken in Cameron comes in and takes a 6 fer.

Siddle continues his good season big wicket of Jaques.

WA smashing QLD in the one dayer

Wa struggled in their innings but somehow ended up with 242

in reply after 17 overs QLD are 9/111

EDIT all over now QLD bowled out for 111

Don't know what this double bonus point thing is about but Qld were trying to get it.

NSW have one dam long batting lineup definitely what is needed having lost 4 wickets already

Getting Katich was a big wicket for Vics. Now Thornley needs a hundred and Smith and Henriques need 50+. Casson got a 50 against WA last time we played at the SCG so 20+ from him would be good.

Its a team effort from here on in. We cant really just rely on one person.

I cant believe it.

At the start of the match, VIC and NSW equal on 30 points, who ever wins the first innings goes on top of the table.

Vics get 394, NSW are 7/389 looking like they will go on top of the table, then bang Khawaji gone, Bang Henriques gone then all of a sudden its 9/392. Dougie gets a 2 then gets out!!

The first innings tied! No one goes on top of the table! Bloody hell!!!

Hehe that run out of Khawaji cost us. But still good to see the youngsters getting some runs. We've done a decent effort in the bowling so far too with Cameron againt he pick. Casson doing alright too.

If NSW were a country, we might have seen the selectors taking some credit for picking such a good young player, but in truth I think they've been too slow to pick both Hughes and Khawaja. They might have had a good one day side if the selectors had been less forgiving of their host of useless players. In truth, their Pura Cup success hides the fact that only a handful of batsmen have been useful in any format.

Users who are viewing this thread