Australian Domestic Cricket

Don't know if it's good of bad having Denton go to Tassie. They have a number of up and coming bowlers already. SA is the one that need him more. Wright sure would give Victoria depth in the all rounder department.

Great news for SA, Younus Khan has signed with them for one season. Should give the youth enough time to gain as much as possible off him and will be interesting seeing how Khan fairs in our domestic comp.

Younus is one batsman who I expect would meet expectation. A good score. I wonder if SA will promote 18 year old Pascoe following a sharp u19 World Cup.

Wow Khan coming to Aus Domestic scene, its always good getting the international players but I love watching the youngsters play, it's fantastic and much better for picking players to play for Aus.

hello

I reckon rogers will definitely strengthen Victoria's top order, what they were lacking was a good opening partnership, Mash and Jewell in the final was a disaster.

I reckon rogers will definitely strengthen Victoria's top order, what they were lacking was a good opening partnership, Mash and Jewell in the final was a disaster.

Couldn't agree more! In the final and 2 games before the final it was a joy to watch them start shaky then one of them gets out and we have them about 1/15 :D

I'm not happy at all that we have an overseas player now, the competition should be for local talent only.

Its alright for SA considering the amount of players they've lost. Had it been Victoria or Tasmania i would've been a bit annoyed. Is there a chance Rogers opens in the short format? Didn't he leave WA cause he wasn't having many chances in that form...

He probably will get the chance, Klinger is gone now, though Blizzard looks like one for the future and we've also got Quiney competing for the spot.

Wise to SA, good stuff id like too see more of him looks like a good bowler

Special Mention to Nick Death gettin a contract with WA, went to school with him and played cricket with him, hes been back in canberra running up mountains for training lol, not the big tall fast bowler WA always get but a very good one, can bat as well :p

Cricket Australia unaware of England Twenty20 plans

SYDNEY: Cricket Australia said Thursday it knew nothing about reports that a team from Down Under was set to be part of a new Twenty20 competition in England.

Plans for an English Premier League (EPL) to begin in 2010 unveiled this week include England's 18 first-class counties plus two unnamed overseas teams.

The Guardian newspaper reported that the overseas teams represent Australia and South Africa but CA said there had been no approach from the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiati..._of_England_T20_plans/articleshow/3245845.cms

Who cares, im sick of Twenty20 already, the big bash does it right... with a sense of humour

Yeah the big bash is pretty good but thats as far as it should go imo. Keep it at a domestic level, a small comp in bewteen the major ones. That doesn't include IPL and EPL.

I heard a comment in one of the threads that Pattinson wouldnt play for Victoria this season because he is english... he was always english lol but did victoria even know? Is there any sort of international players rule in aussie domestic? surely not

Users who are viewing this thread