Australian Domestic Cricket

I think it'll be because he's played for England now, he has obviously stated his official alliegance. Whereas before he could have played for Australia or England, know that he's played a test for England he is officially English, as such for him to play in Australia he'd have to play on an English passport and be an overseas player. It's a similar situation to the one that Sussex suffered with Ryan Harris at the start of the season with him moving clubs to Queensland in the Australian domestic scene and declaring himself Australian on his forms during his move, which meant that he could come over to Sussex to play as a Kolpak player on his previous passport.

Yeh fair enough I just read that on Cricinfo saying the same thing, still wondering if we have a limit to overseas players but

Johnson now moving over to the bouncy paradise in WA. His departure sure doesn't help the Bulls hope for the season. They will have a completely inexperienced bowling attack without Johnson although he probably wouldn't have played too many games due to international commitments.

I would be quite annoyed if i was the Bulls, earlier there was an article as to why he was moving to WA and it said he was going to stay on with them at any cost...

That was the original plan but now he changed his mind

Yeah isn't Johnson still playing for the Bulls just moving to WA to live now?

Johnson to head west

July 25, 2008 AUSTRALIA fast bowler Mitchell Johnson is to move to Perth to play for Western Australia.
Queensland Cricket has confirmed the 26-year-old had been released to enable him to settle permanently in Perth.

Queensland Cricket chief executive Graham Dixon said the decision was reached at a meeting involving Mitchell and Bulls coach Trevor Barsby on Thursday.

Johnson told his Queensland teammates on Friday morning of his decision and will shift to Perth in the near future.

The left-arm quick thanked Queensland Cricket for its decision.

"Everyone has been very understanding and supportive and Jess and I thank them deeply," he said in a statement.

"I'm looking forward to getting everything sorted out in Perth and getting back into training before the ODI series against Bangladesh in Darwin next month.

"Obviously this hasn't been an easy decision to make and I will leave with some regrets, but also with plenty of fond memories."

Johnson has played nine Tests, 39 one-day internationals and eight Twenty20 internationals for Australia.

He was a member of the 2006 Champions Trophy winning squad, the 2007 World Cup winning squad and played in Queensland's 2005-06 Pura Cup winning team.

JOHNSON RELOCATES WEST

Friday 25 July 2008

Queensland Cricket has announced today it will release Test fast bowler Mitchell Johnson to the WACA to enable him to settle permanently in Perth.

Queensland Cricket Chief Executive Officer Graham Dixon said the decision was reached yesterday at a meeting involving Mitchell and Bulls coach Trevor Barsby.

“Mitch had previously worked with us on an arrangement that would allow him to have his home in Perth and play for Queensland whenever he was available,’’ Dixon said.

“It became apparent this week that as much as both of us would like this situation to work, it was going to be become increasingly challenging for all of us. Mitch and I and Trevor had a good chat about things yesterday and we’ve taken the decision to release Mitch to WA.”

“This will mean that Mitchell and his partner Jess can complete their move to their new home and give him the chance to get back into training as soon as he is required to by Cricket Australia.”

“While we are disappointed to be losing one of our home grown products at this time, Mitch goes with our blessing and best wishes. The door will always be open for him at QC where he has been a popular and valued member of our playing group since he was a young bloke,” Dixon said.

Johnson told his Queensland team mates this morning of his decision and will shift to Perth in the near future.

The left-arm quick, recently ranked in the top 10 of one day bowlers by the ICC, thanked Queensland Cricket for its decision.

“Everyone has been very understanding and supportive and Jess and I thank them deeply,’’ he said.

“I’m looking forward to getting everything sorted out in Perth and getting back into training before the ODI series against Bangladesh in Darwin next month. Obviously this hasn’t been an easy decision to make and I will leave with some regrets, but also with plenty of fond memories.”

“I’ve wished the boys the best for the coming season and will look forward to catching up with them all when our paths next cross,” he said.

The 26-year old Johnson has played nine Tests, 39 one-day internationals and eight Twenty20 internationals for Australia. He was a member of the 2006 Champions Trophy winning squad, the 2007 World Cup winning squad and played in Queensland’s 2005-06 Pura Cup winning team.

Help much?

To be honest I can't wait for New South Wales's first match up against Western Australia on the 10th of October, it should be a thriller as usual. I hope to see New South Wales win this one but it may be a different story considering that it's being held at the WACA in Perth. The Warriors have a very strong batting line up in hand and have an excellent record at home, so the will be giving us a run for your money and the fans, their money's worth. All in all though it's set to be a cracker of a match and many cricketing people around the area are very anxious.

To be honest I can't wait for New South Wales's first match up against Western Australia on the 10th of October, it should be a thriller as usual. I hope to see New South Wales win this one but it may be a different story considering that it's being held at the WACA in Perth. The Warriors have a very strong batting line up in hand and have an excellent record at home, so the will be giving us a run for your money and the fans, their money's worth. All in all though it's set to be a cracker of a match and many cricketing people around the area are very anxious.

One dayer of first class?

The one dayers are usually top notch except WA usually get the upper hand. Our batting lineup simply isn't strong enough. Probabaly one of the weakest in the comp. But in 5 years time it will be gun seems there all young 'uns.

Well we do have a strong batting line up, it's just weakened generally because we have so many star players out and on more important tours like Michael Clarke and Phil Jaques. I look forward to seeing Domnic Thornley standing up though, he has a lot of experience and should have great leadership skills by now. Western Australia are in the same boat though, they lose people like Mike Hussey due to representative duties which is unfortunate. It weakens the whole competition and it looses it's all important flare.

Ronchi could be out for that match if picked for the ODI side. Don't have much trust in Thornley these days as he just keeps on letting us down. After the Emerging tournament Theo from WA looks to be a talent. And Forrest was the pick for NSW. Our batting lineup contains alot of promising youth, for me it's the bowling which is the problem. And with no Bollinger we are going to need someone to step up, maybe a Bird.

Well we do have a strong batting line up, it's just weakened generally because we have so many star players out and on more important tours like Michael Clarke and Phil Jaques. I look forward to seeing Domnic Thornley standing up though, he has a lot of experience and should have great leadership skills by now. Western Australia are in the same boat though, they lose people like Mike Hussey due to representative duties which is unfortunate. It weakens the whole competition and it looses it's all important flare.

Exactly. The stars only played in one or two games so I dont exactly count them as part of our team. Most of our players are still learning

Dominic had a crap season last year. Whenever we needed him he folded and whenever we were going along fine with the game wrapped up he would come out and hit a ton.

Do you just copy and paste your posts from one forum to another? About the 3rd time I've seen you do this, and I've only been browsing this forum for about 20 minutes.

Firstly, you mentioned Jaques and Clarke, what about Clark, Lee, Bracken, Katich etc? They are all big name players, who this season will hardly get a game.

And I am looking forward to seeing Phil Hughes more than Thornley, Thornley is crap, and if we had a full strength line up, he would struggle to make the team, let alone lead.

Do you just copy and paste your posts from one forum to another? About the 3rd time I've seen you do this, and I've only been browsing this forum for about 20 minutes.

He does that all the time. He has copied about 15 other threads from other people as well, onto other forums.

Users who are viewing this thread