Australian Domestic Cricket

Pre season match
Queensland 6-310 (dec) (Love 107, Perren 59, Simpson 43)
NZ emerging players 6-204 (dec) (Ryder 60, Brant 3-24, Harris 2-64)

Perren and Simpson certainly have had a good start to the season.

Love always seems to be in the runs, Interested to see how Rogers will go with the Vics this year

Victoria's pace attack will be very interesting, with Wise and Denton defecting to SA and Tassie, I imagine Mick Lewis might be wishing he hadn't retired.

A list of all the squads: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/372583.html

A lot of retirees this year, Tasmania the only team ending up with more players than it started with as far as I can see (not sure if new rookies are included).

Also good to see Kumar Sarna get a rookie contract with Victoria, really promising opening batsman who's been doing well in premier cricket for a few years now.

Finally found WA squad

Western Australia squad Shaun Marsh, Luke Ronchi (wk), Liam Davis, Marcus North (capt), Adam Voges, Luke Pomersbach, Theo Doropoulos, David Bandy, Matt Johnston, Aaron Heal, Brett Dorey, Steve Magoffin, Ben Edmondson, Arron Crawford.

Looks pretty strong even with the new guys. Their batting looks real strong and Dorey and Edmondson are seasoned campaigners.

Finally found WA squad

Western Australia squad Shaun Marsh, Luke Ronchi (wk), Liam Davis, Marcus North (capt), Adam Voges, Luke Pomersbach, Theo Doropoulos, David Bandy, Matt Johnston, Aaron Heal, Brett Dorey, Steve Magoffin, Ben Edmondson, Arron Crawford.

Looks pretty strong even with the new guys. Their batting looks real strong and Dorey and Edmondson are seasoned campaigners.

They are way more experience. The batting will probably be too god for our bowlers. Marsh, Ronchi, North, Voges, Pomersbach are all class players and hav represented australia (not sure about North)

I can see us getting pumped, ecspecially the bowlers. We need Cameron and Bracken to get a few early wickets. I think our batters can get on top of Dorey, Magoffin and Crawford. Edmondson and Heal could cause us problems though.

I think WA will win the One dayer by 2-4 wickets or 40-60 runs.

WA have one of the best batting line ups for sure, and their bowling does look stronger with Johnson in, but it's still not the strongest out there. Still, I'd be surprised if they did poorly this season. NSW in trouble with so many players on national duty this year, but a good problem to have all the same.

But Syl, this is the WA squad:
Squad David Bandy, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Arron Crawford, Liam Davis, Paul Davis, Brett Dorey, Theo Doropoulos, Ben Edmondson, Aaron Heal, Clint Heron, Michael Hussey (CA), Mitchell Johnson (CA), Matt Johnston, Trent Kelly, Steve Magoffin, Shaun Marsh (CA), Marcus North (capt), Luke Pomersbach, Wes Robinson, Luke Ronchi, Adam Voges (CA).

Victoria's pace attack will be very interesting, with Wise and Denton defecting to SA and Tassie, I imagine Mick Lewis might be wishing he hadn't retired.
Maybe, maybe not. I guess in addition to Wise and Denton, Siddle is going to be missing for a fair while and whether sent home or on tour, McGain is going to be out of action.

But then, Wright has moved in, Darren Pattinson is now a Test cricketer (lol) and then the likes of James Pattinson or Jon Holland are of interest. I reckon they'd be insane not to give Holland a run whilst we've only got Hodge and Hussey to bowl spin.

But Syl, this is the WA squad:

I meant their squad for our match on Wed.

The form Doropoulos is in with bat and ball is another plus for WA. I hope he has a good season as the more all rounders we have in state cricket the better.

But then, Wright has moved in, Darren Pattinson is now a Test cricketer (lol) and then the likes of James Pattinson or Jon Holland are of interest. I reckon they'd be insane not to give Holland a run whilst we've only got Hodge and Hussey to bowl spin.

Holland has been real economical from the scorecards I've found of him playing. I really hope Victoria give him a run in the OD game as he can be a real fine. Hill is another that I hope is given a go.

NSW in trouble with so many players on national duty this year, but a good problem to have all the same.

Not really. They will only play about 1 or 2 games a year. But then again the younger players get the experience of playing almost every game. I think NSW are going to be in a fantastic position in a few years time when all these youngsters have been playing domestic cricket for 3-5 years.

Maybe, maybe not. I guess in addition to Wise and Denton, Siddle is going to be missing for a fair while and whether sent home or on tour, McGain is going to be out of action.

Not sure about McGain, they may overlook him now in Australia, hopefully they don't, certainly if Krejza or White are successful, but even if they aren't Casson could certainly return for the home tests.

Saw the signing of Wright, must admit I don't know too much about him, have heard of him before but beyond that I don't know if he's any good.

As for Pattinson, I'm sure his season in England will put him back on the cards, I admit I never rated him too highly for Victoria, but he's an English test cricketer :D. Interested to see how Clinton McKay goes this year, I think he's our second most promising paceman behind Siddle. Harwood better stay fit this season though, we're going to need him!

Slow start for NSW after losing Hughes early. Interesting move with Forrest opening although I think he was doing that for the Emerging side. Good to see NSW using Daniel Smith at 3 rather than Thornely. Strangely we are playing 2 spinners in Perth, I suspect it's more cause O'Keefe is handy with the bat but really should have got Henriques there.

Good start for WA, though NSW's batting lineup looks really inexperienced. How come Thornely is batting at 5? I'd think he'd be at 3 or 4 in that team.

Either wanting to give the youngsters a go or Thornely feels hes better down the order maybe finishing or rescuing the ship if needed.

Hughes would be disapointed with his dismisal. It was a bad ball and he used no footwork just stuck the bat out. He hit Dorey for 3 fours off doreys first 3 balls though :)

MacGoffin is bowling well and Heal just got Forrest. Forrest was batting ok but was feeling the pressure and tried to up the run rate but got stumped :(

Still, a pretty good start I think we could go on and get a good score with Thornely, Warner, Okeefe, Hauritz and Lambert to come.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Slow start for NSW after losing Hughes early. Interesting move with Forrest opening although I think he was doing that for the Emerging side. Good to see NSW using Daniel Smith at 3 rather than Thornely. Strangely we are playing 2 spinners in Perth, I suspect it's more cause O'Keefe is handy with the bat but really should have got Henriques there.

Smith, O'keefe, Warner and Hauritz are all spinners arent they?

Well didn't really class Smith and Warner as they are more part timers although Smith could be classed into the spinner role. But the other two I would consider spinners first. This is Smith and O'Keefe big chance to stake their claim with the bat and boy do we need them.

Looks like Heal is going pretty good always a good sign with our OD spinner depth. Did he go off injured though as Edmondson took the last ball according to cricinfo.

Users who are viewing this thread