Australian Domestic Cricket

Geez can't believe they got that close, when I left they needed 9 an over!
Good win none the less, just what we needed to change our OD fortunes.

Tasmania has named their side
Squad Michael Dighton, Rhett Lockyear, Travis Birt, George Bailey, Daniel Marsh (capt), Tim Paine (wk), Luke Butterworth, Mark Divin, Xavier Doherty, Gerard Denton, Brett Geeves, Ben Hilfenhaus, Tim Macdonald.

And Victoria ones
Sheffield Shield squad Chris Rogers, Nick Jewell, Brad Hodge, David Hussey (capt), Rob Quiney, Andrew McDonald, Matthew Wade (wk), Damien Wright, Shane Harwood, Jon Holland, Clint McKay, Dirk Nannes.

FR Cup squad Chris Rogers, Rob Quiney, Brad Hodge, David Hussey (capt), Aiden Blizzard, Andrew McDonald, Adam Crosthwaite (wk), Damien Wright, Shane Harwood, Jon Holland, Clint McKay, Dirk Nannes.

Great to see Holland getting a chance, our OD spin depth is starting to look alright after Heal and Hauritz showing yesterday and the potential Holland has.

Yeah I saw this the other day, absolutely great if he gets in. Seems the Vics are up against a pretty great side.

Great to see Holland getting a chance, our OD spin depth is starting to look alright after Heal and Hauritz showing yesterday and the potential Holland has.

Hauritz definately isn't in contention for a test spot considering he cant even make our FC team ;)

Geez, Queensland are getting Pumped by Tassie. 4/22 at lunch (Its been raining I think) with Broad, Hopes, Love and Symonds all failing miserably.

Western Australia strike early through Magoffin who gets Hughes for 4. NSW 1/15.

Mail
Hughes
Forrest
Thornley
Lambert
Cameron
D. Smith
S.Smith
Henriques
Casson
Bracken

Thats what it says on cricket Australia but I dont think Cameron will be batting that high! :p

I would keep the top 5 but after Lambert I would go
Steven Smith
Daniel Smith
Henriques
Casson
Bracken
Cameron.

Feelin Blue? added 3 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Damn, Dorey gets Mail and Henriques come in at 4.

Whats Thornely doing?

Feelin Blue? added 22 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Our boy henriques is gone. 3/24 and in big trouble. Come on Thornely, we need you actually do something unlike last year :rolleyes:

That was depressing, all our youngsters failed :( No surprise Thornely failed however. It's real bad when Bracken can make a 60 on this pitch but no one else can. Very nice start by Crawford, really tore our side apart with Magoffin whose starting where he left off. Still I hope we persist with these guys really great to have so many youngsters who could be the future of Australia.

A very good start for Tassie, Hilfy picking up a couple then Macdonald cleaned up.

Pomersbach and Davis sure were smoking the NSW attack before Lambert got the break through followed by Cameron.

So Klinger and Wise play against Victoria in their first games, will be interesting to see. I still like Klinger and hope he can fulfil his promise at South Australia, and Wise has also been quite promising for a while but failed to live up to it.

Holland's debut will also be interesting, hopefully he can take it with both hands with McGain and White out for a bit now.

Nice fight back by NSW, need a few early wickets tomorrow and we could be back in this one. Can't believe Thornely got 2 overs but Henriques got none. He needs to be given more of a go with his bowling to at least get some experience at bowling at this level.

Great game of OD cricket between NSW and WA the other day. It really should of been that close but credit to Marcus North who got them there.

Hoping we can do the same for the Sheffield Shield.

I've never seen this Holland guy before but youse all have big raps on him. I'm hoping to go to the NSW vs Victoria one dayer at North Sydney oval in a few weeks or a day of the shield so I'll be keeping an eye on Holland.

Lefty, it didn't look good in the Shield considering we were 6/42 at one stage ;)

Holland looks to be a real economical bowler suggesting hes got good control. Don't know how much he spins it but if he can spin it a bit then he certainly will fly up our ranks.

Noffke certainly is pushing his claim for an Ashes spot, 3 more wickets to start this season off.

Nice fight back by NSW, need a few early wickets tomorrow and we could be back in this one. Can't believe Thornely got 2 overs but Henriques got none. He needs to be given more of a go with his bowling to at least get some experience at bowling at this level.

Just saw this...

I cant believe we didn't bowl Henriquues he should be our first change bowler considering he can clock upto 140ks.

Users who are viewing this thread