Australian Domestic Cricket

Australian cricket has the best infrastructure all over the world. They have backup players in any department of the game. I like the Schaeffer shield county cricket and also Australian team that’s why they had done a hat trick in the world cup.

Albert

Hilfy backs up his 2 fer with a 5 fer in this inns. Its great to see him back in form and taking wickets. Hopefully Tassie batting improves now.

Poor Tassie after doing so well to bowl Queensland out cheaply in the 2nd inns they still are likely to lose this one cause of their poor batting.

Interesting to see Harwood at first change, Nanness and McKay are the future though. As is Holland, great debut so far.

Interesting too to see Blizzard, Quiney and Rogers all picked, but important to play Blizzard for his development. Been promising for a few years now since he was a rookie.

Meanwhile, when was the last time you saw a team bowled out for under 65 and claim an outright victory?

Holland certainly living up to his potential hes shown in other matches.
Good to see Cosgrove back in the runs as well.

Must say North has got some handy bowling going here. Got the big break through that WA needed. Now Steven Smith is in, hopefully he makes some runs.

Watching the highlights on Fox Sports News of the WA/NSW Sheffield Shield game I noticed that players had names and numbers on their backs. An interesting move which I'm not really fond of. Thoughts?

Yeah I noticed that too, it's all bloody Twenty20's fault! I think as we bring in an old Aussie tradition, it kind of dampens it by ruining another tradition. You don't wear names and numbers in whites!

aus5892 added 0 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Holland certainly living up to his potential hes shown in other matches.
Good to see Cosgrove back in the runs as well.

Must say North has got some handy bowling going here. Got the big break through that WA needed. Now Steven Smith is in, hopefully he makes some runs.
He only got 23, not too great.

Yeah I noticed that too, it's all bloody Twenty20's fault! I think as we bring in an old Aussie tradition, it kind of dampens it by ruining another tradition. You don't wear names and numbers in whites!

I agree it is all Twenty20's fault but techincally it was One Dayers because they were the first to have names and numbers one shirts. It reminds me of the English country cricket which is dissapointing.

He only got 23, not too great.

Well I kinda of jinxed him as he wasn't out when I posted :p
Shame we didn't get to see Blizzard, and after the start Victoria had with the openers it doesn't look likely that we will see Blizzard opening.

Magoffin with a 6 fer, looks like we are once again going through the stage where an oldish fella could make his debut for Aus. Him, Bollinger and Noffke has been the stand outs in FC over the past 2 seasons.
We really are missing that strike bowler in our line up especially when you have Mail as 2nd change.

I agree it is all Twenty20's fault but techincally it was One Dayers because they were the first to have names and numbers one shirts. It reminds me of the English country cricket which is dissapointing.
Everything is Twenty20's fault! Soon we'll have nicknames in test cricket and those ridiculous sideshows like that guy who got dunked in the water after every six.

Usman Khawaja is on 210 not out in CA Cup (Second XI competition) against SA. Interesting to see Cosgrove and Bailey both playing for SA's second XI too.

Probably won't be next week, NSW will be sending an SOS to him. Good to see Bailey in the wickets again, hopefully this will be a better season for him.

Good start from Victoria, 63 to Rogers in his FC debut for us and now Jewell gets an unbeaten century and Hodge on 40 not out.

Also good to see Paul Rofe finally playing in the first XI (for SA), even picked up a wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread