Australian Domestic Cricket

Great start for Jewell and Hodge to the season, never been a massive fan of Jewell (or any of our openers until Rogers arrived) but perhaps he's turned the corner, which would be great with Rogers doing well too.

Good start to the batting for SA though, albeit a pretty slow one. Only one wicket down is good for them though.

It's obviously a flat wicket and it looks like SA might have overpitched to him as a result, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's worked on his shots.

Solid start to Holland FC career. If he can pick up some wickets here hes well on his way to becoming our top spinner.

NSW season is starting to drop off with injuries. Henriques still struggling with injury and now Cameron our best bowler has gone down. At least either Cockley or Bird will get a go.

FR Cup squad Phillip Hughes, Peter Forrest, Daniel Smith (wk), Dominic Thornely (capt), Steven Smith, David Warner, Steve O'Keefe, Grant Lambert, Nathan Hauritz, Nathan Bracken, Aaron Bird, Burt Cockley.

Holland grabbed his 1st FC wicket, nice start for his career.

How this pitch has changed with Victoria now struggling to make 150. Its certainly brought the game back to life. Good to see Tait and Cullen back in the wickets.

O'Keefe rolled SA in the 2nd 11 match, he could have jumped in front of Hauritz for a FC spot.

McDonald almost won the game for Victoria. That is what you want from an all rounder, a guy that can change the game with the ball. Has a decent enough batting average for an all rounder as well.
Holland looks to be a very accurate bowler time will tell if this will translate into lots of wickets.

McDonald's first 17 first class matches (played across 4 seasons) deny the truth of his impact in the last two seasons. He was in his junior days regarded as a bowling all-rounder and that was his prevailing strength in 03-04, when he took 33 wickets at 26.93. Injuries saw him play less for Victoria, but he developed his batting substantially. Between 06-07 and 07-08, he scored 1295 runs at an average of 53.96 and took 42 wickets at 32.81. Still only 27, he might really make his name if he carries that form into one dayers.

Thats the stats I was looking for on his batting. Hope the selectors are keeping a close eye on him as he could be the all rounder they are looking for. Decent with the bat and with his height his bowling will certainly be a handful.

Laughlin ripped NSW batting apart after the great opening spell by Hopes and Noffke. I reckon we need at least another batter in the side rather than relying on the all rounders.

Yeah McDonald went from a bowling AR to a batting AR in the last couple of years. Definitely an option for the future, and was selected in the 30 man WC and CT trophy squads IIRC.

We could have another Stu Clark on our hands the way Magoffin is bowling in the past few years including a 2 fer today. Make his debut at an a pretty old age but be successful. His height and swing make him a dangerous option similar to Sharma but older. Good to see our pace bowling is looking good for the future.

Those WA bowlers have matured magnificently, possibly helped along by the dull patch of WACA wicket they've had in recent seasons.

Voges was the surprise packet when he picked up 3 vital wickets to help WA bowl Tassie all out.
In reply WA in big trouble as well with Geeves the pick with 3 and Hilfy with 1. Pomersbach looked comfortable on the pitch though, only reason he got out was cause he was trying to smack Geeves for 6. Very KP like I must add :)

I have a small request. Could someone give me a link to all the Aussie Domestic Fixtures, so I can post vBookie events, as I can't find them anywhere.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread