Australian Domestic Cricket

Great return by Tait today, 5 fer and very economical. Certainly putting his hand up for an ODI spot. Oh it's great seeing Henriques back and he certainly made an impact with the bat. Even thought we were 2 down he counter attacked like what Ponting does. Hope he can bowl later on in the day.

Just as I thought after his first round of matches, Cullen is starting to get back to his best.

Oh yes forgot to give credit to Dom. I think Henriques inns sparked him into form again. We got 7 bowlers that we can use from, hopefully Henriques gets a bowl. Will be interesting seeing how Bird goes, he bowled well in our last match. Cameron has been in great form this season too, so we certainly have a chance.

Some positives and some negatives for SA, Tait and Cullen bowled well and Wise was economical, bit of a shame about Cleary and Harris though, going to be a difficult total to chase with SA's lineup.

Tait's bowling really belied the deck; it's a runs fest out there and against WA, Vic or Tas, you'd think NSW are too short on firepower even to defend a pretty handsome 261. Some of these Redbacks will have to play out of their skins and there'll be no easy start for Younus Khan; straight away they need a tough and classy knock.

angryangy added 25 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Enough with this opening spin tomfoolery!

Last edited:
Theres my Bird, hes bowling really well I see plus has the only wicket. Must say NSW have adopted an interesting strategy opening with O'Keefe. Hauritz is bowling must tighter this game but we badly need wickets.

How quick is Bird bowling? I've gotta catch highlights of his yorker to get our Khan what a ball to get in your first match for SA. Hes now got a 3 fer and put NSW back into this match.

Very nice win.

Also...
Victorian rookie Michael Hill has been named in the Bushrangers squad for Sunday's Ford Ranger Cup match against Queensland at the ‘Gabba. The 20 year-old left-hander replaces the injured Aiden Blizzard (finger) and is the only change to the squad that defeated South Australia in the opening round.
Link

Well, lost it right at the end like our last 2 meetings with SA. Good bowling by Bird though. Great yorker to dismiss Khan.

Dirk Nannes took 11/95 against Queensland in the Shield game and the batsmen are increasingly in the runs, so they will be optimistic to say the least. Hopefully Hill has a good start.

Great to see Hill getting a chance although it's a shame for Blizzard. Hes already having a struggle to get the opening spot now an injury.

Users who are viewing this thread