Australian Domestic Cricket

Its all Magoffin in the WA v Tassie match. Hes now top scored with 79 to backup his 3 wickets. Ronchi certainly fired with 40 off 33 but ran out of partners in the end.

Geeves grabbed a well deserved 5 fer while Hilfy continues his early wicket taking form.

Tassie's bowlers certainly in good form on some seaming wickets, unfortunately the converse situation is struggling batsmen. George Bailey is doing okay, though.

Not much changes in the NSW squad for the matches coming up. Main one is Henriques back which at least adds to our batting.

Squad for FRC
Dominic THORNELY (Captain), Aaron BIRD, Nathan BRACKEN, Mark CAMERON, Peter FORREST, Nathan HAURITZ, Moises HENRIQUES, Phillip HUGHES, Grant LAMBERT, Stephen O’KEEFE, Daniel SMITH, Steven SMITH, David WARNER

The Sheffield side excludes Warner and Bird meaning Hauritz is in the frame to make a return to FC. I reckon Henriques will be in both sides giving us 7 batsmen for once.

Its all Magoffin in the WA v Tassie match.

Too bad Magoffin couldn't perform for Worcestershire this season like he has here. We had Bollinger last season and was poor and Magoffin did so badly we had to send him back. Typical!

Maybe Worcester should invest in Peter Siddle!

Last edited:
It must be the different ball and conditions similar to what we are seeing in India. Johnson and Lee usually swing the ball in Aus but in India they have struggled. Strange enough Magoffin actually had a good season last year so it wouldn't have been his form. I wonder how Bollinger and Magoffin would go in English cricket is given another shot.

Too bad Magoffin couldn't perform for Worcestershire this season like he has here. We had Bollinger last season and was poor and Magoffin did so badly we had to send him back. Typical!

Maybe Worcester should invest in Peter Siddle!
You have selected: Ashley Noffke. To confirm your choice, press 1.

We should select Jaques. His back might not be good enough for a Test, but its well damn good enough for us when we have a line-up like we do atm :p

Tait not firing faster than 145 in his first over, but unleashing some jaffas.

angryangy added 13 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

that was a stunner of a catch by o'brien, check the highlights reels for that one.

Geez Tait is killing us, Hughes is really having a shocker this season :( I was happy to see them pick Khawaja but he too has gone now. Once again it feels we have gone with too long of a bowling lineup.

Great Catch by Obi but it took some guts from Khwaja to have a go at that one. Fantastic innings by Moises player some awesome shots. Forrest needs to go on with his start.

Steven Smith and Bracken not playing this one...

Watching him today, yeah he flights it aggressively, he's got the dangerous drift going and it's like his first game where he could've taken 5 wickets if only there were enough guys on the field to catch the ball flying everywhere. The defensive trend of one day cricket really hurts him, he usually deserves one slip more than he gets and something creative like a silly mid on could be very handy for him at times.

However, I think his weakness is his apparent lack of strength. I don't know that he's quick enough to be able to grind it out on a flat and slow Indian pitch. If he could get the ball up into the high 90s more, he'd be able to use variation of pace as more of a weapon, as well as being able to put on more pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread