Australian Domestic Cricket

Rogers gets his first century for Victoria, well done to him!

NSW are a pretty weak side right now with so many players on Aussie duty, it was to be expected that you guys would get done.

Still, we're missing our two best bowlers and our captain and one of our best batsmen.

Lol, true but your side is still exceptional. We never stood a chance in this game. Cockley, Henriques and Lambert are our 3 pacers. Cockley and Henriques are fairly new and young and Lambert just isn't good enough to lead an attack. Its kinda frustrating atm. We need Cameron and Bracken back from injury and Bollinger to get back from India.

Still, we're missing our two best bowlers and our captain and one of our best batsmen.

Funny enough we usually always miss our two best bowlers (Lee and Clark) and it use to be McGrath too. But when you also lose Bollinger, Bracken and Cameron that really is pushing NSW depth in the pace bowling department. Hauritz gets our 2nd wicket, I reckon we might see him in the Aussie test side.

Rain killed WA v Qld FRC match. It's become a 25/25. I thought Queensland had another one of those shockers but they did pretty well. And it seems Pomersbach is getting run out every other inns.

Funny enough we usually always miss our two best bowlers (Lee and Clark) and it use to be McGrath too. But when you also lose Bollinger, Bracken and Cameron that really is pushing NSW depth in the pace bowling department. Hauritz gets our 2nd wicket, I reckon we might see him in the Aussie test side.

I dont count the Test players as part of our team tbh. They only play 1 or 2 games a year.

I'd be willing to give Hauritz a go Syl. A young aggresive off-spinner that seems to be getting some wickets. Hopefully the selectors notice that.

His One day bowling has been awesome. When the Vics were 0-40 off 4 overs the other day we brought on hauritz who bowled something like 4 overs 0-17. Good to see him performing in fc too :D

Leftie, did you go to the game at North Sydney on sunday?

Well hes not only aggressive but hes keeping the runs down. In the game against SA he bowled a number of maidens. Same with this match but now he has 2 wickets.

Also Cullen got a 6 fer in SA 2nd 11 so here's hoping thats him getting back into the form he showed before the NSW matches.

I'm not sure why Cullen got dropped. He bowled great in the one dayer against us and it really would dent his confidence in the race to be Australia's next great spinner lol. Theres about 5 young spinner in that race, maybe more.

Yeah, that's the thing we've been yammering about. Cullen can't take wickets on a flat deck (nor could the rest of them, really) and then when they go play on a more sporting one, he gets dropped so they can play 4 seamers. What is the standard that's being set?

It seems they thought Hobart would be more suited to seamers. Plus I think they lost faith in him after NSW took to him.

Also Peter George who I thought was 38 (thanks Cricinfo!) is only 22 and has a McGrath like action. Hes certainly had a great debut although hard to judge with the brittle Tassie batting.

Seems like he's much needed for SA, but I think his lack of roundedness might keep him out of darkhorse contention for higher honors. It's generally been hard to pick the top bowlers so far, pretty much everyone has a good average and has played an innings of 4 or 5 wickets (or better).

Rain killed WA v Qld FRC match. It's become a 25/25. I thought Queensland had another one of those shockers but they did pretty well. And it seems Pomersbach is getting run out every other inns.
I meant our top two bowlers that usually play though, Lee and Clark rarely play, especially Lee.

Great fightback by the blues here especially Cockley who picked up his first 5fer including the big wickets of Hussey and MacDonald :)

Mail got a pair lol but Hughes and Forrest have steadied the ship.

Great to see my counter jinx on Cockley worked :) Won't say anything about Hughes or Forrest but nice start after losing Snail early. Speaking of which high time Mail is shipped off and Steven Smith brought in. (Ok this probably will see him get a double 100 next game).

Speaking of which my list for jinxing is building:
Wanted Thornely dropped - gets a 100
Wrote off Cockley - 5 fer

There you go Matt, Holland has 2 wickets now :)

Khawaja again in the runs as was Thornely. Would be good seeing Khawaja in his more favoured spot at opener. Hughes nearly got another FC 100 against Victoria falling 14 runs short. Henriques got a start yet again, he just can't seem to convert.

Users who are viewing this thread