Australian Domestic Cricket

Heal's finally playing a 4 day game too and with the SA batting lineup, there's a chance of something happening that tabloids will sink their teeth into.

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/australiandomestic/content/player/7528.html

Getting a shot at cricket pretty late at 27yo. His debut was last match, didn't do much with the bat but got 2 wickets with the ball.

SA now has another NSW player in their lineup :) Sadly he failed but I can see why he moved from NSW with the openers they have.

Also ex-Victoria leggie Josh Mangan playing for WA 2nd 11. Has 3 wickets already just a shame he went to WA given how they don't play spinners much.

Might head to the G tomorrow for the first game at home for the Vics after my exam :D.

stevo1 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/australiandomestic/content/player/7528.html

Getting a shot at cricket pretty late at 27yo. His debut was last match, didn't do much with the bat but got 2 wickets with the ball.

SA now has another NSW player in their lineup :) Sadly he failed but I can see why he moved from NSW with the openers they have.

Also ex-Victoria leggie Josh Mangan playing for WA 2nd 11. Has 3 wickets already just a shame he went to WA given how they don't play spinners much.

He made a ton aswell fair effort (Mangan.)

Tassie on their way to 280-300. MCG is good for batting and it's been a day on which they probably needed Nannes or Siddle.

It's the first time Tassie batting has stood up this season. Certainly will give their bowlers a real good platform to defend.

aussie1st added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

He made a ton aswell fair effort (Mangan.)

Who needs Cam White ;)

How good Harwood could have been if he didn't always get injured. Mr. Consistent for so long, when fit. One Twenty20 International his only taste of international cricket, but still a fantastic bowler.

And it was a gimme really that Tassie called the powerplay at 43 overs. They should have pushed Hussey to either use his strike bowlers overs up in the middle overs or risk exposing one of the all-rounders. It's a 300 pitch if a team can bat like an ODI side, the acid test for Geeves and Hilfenhaus if they want to be big time bowlers, so there's plenty to watch in the chase.

How good Harwood could have been if he didn't always get injured. Mr. Consistent for so long, when fit. One Twenty20 International his only taste of international cricket, but still a fantastic bowler.

He bowled fantastic today. He really is a good player, shame about all the injuries.

Tassie looking good for the win so far. Picked up 5 wickets including the big guns like Dave Hussey and Blizzard. Just need Hodge and it's pretty much game set and match.

Hilfy looks in great touch, I'm guessing he'll be saved for the closing stages which should be interesting seeing how he goes.

Excellent game, I don't think any other combination would be able to produce that right now. Still feel that Hilfy needs to get fuller, because even on a good pitch like that, he's just missing. Geeves has the right idea and a lot the runs off him are genuine chances. Maybe it's the combination that makes them so good, but I do think Hilfy has the early movement to get more wickets.

With a bit more experience hopefully that changes for him. I reckon he needs to bowl out or bowl out before the last 10 overs. Hes just so economical early on and with his swing he should be used more earlier.

SA batting certainly looking alot more solid with Klinger there. Both teams have batted too slow to get any result though but SA will take the first inns points easily.

I can't watch Aussie cricket in England, but am intrested in how Dirk Nannes is getting on. I saw him for Middlesex last season and he played very well (including a hat-trick in the T20 Cup).

Pomersbach back in the runs in the 2nd inns. Cracked a ton in 98 balls, easily the quickest for the match. Big drop back to earth for Cullen though, hes going at over 5 an over.

I'm really getting into Aussie Domestic Cricket at the moment. I just wish I could somehow watch it over the internet, instead of having to rely on cricinfo

Users who are viewing this thread