Australian Domestic Cricket

Not exactly happy with Hollands two wickets considering they were Henriques and Khawaja :p

I was hoping to see on the scorecard "Hughes 150" or something so a bit disappointed to see no one went on to make a big one but at least everyone except Mail contributed.

Is Khawaja an opener? He might get a run there if Mail keeps up the form hes shown from this game.

Jon Holland will be a gun, good to see him get some overs under his belt.

Not exactly happy with Hollands two wickets considering they were Henriques and Khawaja :p

I was hoping to see on the scorecard "Hughes 150" or something so a bit disappointed to see no one went on to make a big one but at least everyone except Mail contributed.

Is Khawaja an opener? He might get a run there if Mail keeps up the form hes shown from this game.

Oh definitely, let me put it like this. His 2 double 100s for 2nd 11 this season have come from opening the batting :) They were in consecutive matches as well.

Holland has his 3rd now with Smith. We've done enough to get the draw though. I just saw how many overs Hauritz bowled, geez he almost cracked the 50. Holland is trying to match him with 38 overs already.

Henriques probably did enough to keep his spot although can't really see who the selectors would replace him with anyway.

Oh well in that case I wouldn't rule out opening with Khawaja. I would go as far as changing the top order to look something like this:

Hughes
Khawaja
Mail
Forrest

Good to see you have faith in Mail cause I certainly don't!

I would go
Hughes
Khawaja
Forrest
Thornely
Henriques
Steven Smith

Steven Smith. What does that mean? We drop Casson? We drop Hauritz? We play 3 spinners? I do want Steven Smith to develop but I dont know how he can get a game. I think your forgetting Mails nice efforts at the start of the year, or I'm just remembering one innings and all the others were actually bad :p

Whens is Jaques gonna be fit again? Would love to have him back for us. Or if he doesn't come back, it means Katich comes back or Hayden retires.

Steven Smith as a batter hes been pretty decent in grade. Hes in over Mail anyway so we can use his spin if needed. But I know Mail won't be dropped unless he gets another pair.

Jaques is gone from the summer I think so we will only get Bollinger back unless he is picked for Aus. That on the back of Cameron and Bracken coming back (well I think they are).

Smith hasn't impressed me with his batting in the first game of the season and at the end of last season tbh. IIRC he hasn't made many big scores, a bit like Henriques except we are using Henriques as an allrounder.

Let Steve Smith find a groove in the 2nd XI first. It puts less pressure on him and less pressure on the incumbent spinners.

Depends how our bowlers go but with Cameron, Bracken and Bollinger to return and Cockley recent 5 fer it's hard to see him getting a go this season. Would be good to see him playing for our 2nd 11 at least. Same with Steven Smith.

Any chance Hazlewood is called up for NSW before the season is out?

Well looks like you got your wish. Seems like the selectors were waiting for him to finish his exams. He is playing against NZ but I don't know if he will stay in our Sheffield shield side.

Didn't know SA v WA was today. I'm finding it funny that a week a go our spin depth was looking as bad as ever. But now we have Krejza getting 12 wickets in one match and now Cullen is killing WA with the big wickets of Pomersbach and Voges. 3-62 atm not bad effort at all. George looking alright too it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread