Australian Domestic Cricket

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Copeland has 4 and Bollinger 3, would love Copeland to add another 5 fer to his telly. Tassie get first innings points though but we are definitely getting a result.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
haha yeah i was looking at that. Has taken 5 in Sydney, Adelaide and Hobart, plus 4 at Brisbane the other week.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ye loved watching Copleland bowled this morning before i go to school. Best swing bowler in AUS other than Hilfenhaus for sure.

ferg512

International Coach
I haven't seen this Copeland guy bowl but his stats are really impressive. If he does swing it a lot I think Australia should definitely look at him before Siddle. Btw does he have much pace?

ferg512 added 14 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Just saw some youtube footage and he does look really impressive, not that quick but a swinging ball at 130ks is much more harder to play than fast straight stuff that Siddle and Johnson bowl.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
By the looks of things Johnson will have to score the majority of Australia's Ashes runs.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Geez if yesterday wasn't crazy enough now we have our batsmen throwing their wicket away from run outs. That was Watson's fault, Henriques hit it straight to the main and had every right to send him back.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't seen this Copeland guy bowl but his stats are really impressive. If he does swing it a lot I think Australia should definitely look at him before Siddle. Btw does he have much pace?

ferg512 added 14 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Just saw some youtube footage and he does look really impressive, not that quick but a swinging ball at 130ks is much more harder to play than fast straight stuff that Siddle and Johnson bowl.

Ye he looks like he bowks 130-135 ks ish. But he is tallish & gets some extra bounce from a fairly high action.

Last edited:

lethalhughes

Club Cricketer
Ye he looks like he bowks 13-1-35 kis ish. But he is tallish & gets some extra bounce from a fairly high action.

What I've seen of Copeland I've really liked and I made a statement not too long ago that he was a better prospect than Siddle,McKay and George .Don't know why he wasn't considered for Australia A.Are selectors really paying attention to domestic matches, surely one of them would have spot this talented bowler who swings it away from right handers and has excellent control btw his pace isn't a problem( he is a bit quicker than McKay).

War

Chairman of Selectors
What I've seen of Copeland I've really liked and I made a statement not too long ago that he was a better prospect than Siddle,McKay and George .Don't know why he wasn't considered for Australia A.Are selectors really paying attention to domestic matches, surely one of them would have spot this talented bowler who swings it away from right handers and has excellent control btw his pace isn't a problem( he is a bit quicker than McKay).

Ye definately a better prospect than McKay 9who really shouldn't be considered for tests) & George. Not Siddle though IMO.

But then again i guess in certain conditions you could pick Copeland over Siddle. For example lets say AUS start with an attack of Hilfenhaus/Bollinger/Johnson/Harris & Hilfenahus gets injured. Copeland would be a better replacement since he is a swing bowler like Hilfy.

War added 6 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

In order news. The stream for the NSW vs TAS game is down this morning on the CA wesbite @ the worst time with Krejza bowling.:facepalm

lethalhughes

Club Cricketer
Ye definately a better prospect than McKay 9who really shouldn't be considered for tests) & George. Not Siddle though IMO.

But then again i guess in certain conditions you could pick Copeland over Siddle. For example lets say AUS start with an attack of Hilfenhaus/Bollinger/Johnson/Harris & Hilfenahus gets injured. Copeland would be a better replacement since he is a swing bowler like Hilfy.

War added 6 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

In order news. The stream for the NSW vs TAS game is down this morning on the CA wesbite @ the worst time with Krejza bowling.:facepalm

I would have Copeland over Siddle in all conditions.Copeland is a more complete bowler than Siddle in that he moves the ball, has better control gets more bounce the only thing Siddle has on him is that Siddle is quicker but its not like Siddle is express pace.I do like Siddle but from what i've seen of the two bowlers Copeland definitely has him covered.

Great ball from Copeland there to get the first wicket.

Last edited:

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Oh well, I'm still happy because Tassie look like they should win barring a massive collapse. But we still need to be careful because this game has been a weird one.

Users who are viewing this thread