Australian Domestic Cricket

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Johnson didn't start well but seems to have comeback nicely. I see Mitch got a wicket, seems his bowling is better than his batting at this stage. Finch seems to have gone quiet after a good start to the season.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree with Gazza.

Hopefully all of our batsmen are saving their runs for the first Test. Ponting normally scores a hundred at the start of a series. I hope I didn't jinks that :spy

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Watson's spot was never in doubt anyway.

That'll do me, get Hauritz out of our team. Dropped the match and Copeland's 10 wicket haul for the match.

ajdude

International Coach
Watson's spot was never in doubt anyway.

That'll do me, get Hauritz out of our team. Dropped the match and Copeland's 10 wicket haul for the match.
It was going straight to second slip as well. If the selectors can consider people from outside the 17 man squad (they've confirmed that O'Keefe can come into consideration), surely Copeland has to be up there? Perhaps that's why they let him play another week of shield cricket instead of playing the A match...maybe I'm being too optimistic haha.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I was following this match on Cricinfo:

Tasmania 167/9 (52.5 ov, LR Butterworth 44*, AJ Maher 4*, DE Bollinger 0/41) | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Eventually Tasmania won the match with just one wicket with a last partnership of 31 runs. The worrying fact is that Watson, Bollinger and Hauritz couldn't prevent Tasmania reaching that target. Watson performed in the last innings with his bowling, but even that didn't stop Tasmania. Also there were tough batting conditions. Nobody reached a fifty.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Lol Hauritz bowled only one over for the whole match.

How the heck is he going to prove to the selectors,that he deserves the Ashes spot?

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Just wasn't a day for the spinners but that dropped catch just adds another black mark to his name for me.

Hussey up to 30 now and scoring at his ODI rate. If he carries that into the Test arena he might just find his way back into form. But this better not be his usual crap where he scores a career saving 100 and then fails like North usually does.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Real proper Johnson bowling there, dominated Victoria against the run of play, although McDonald's broken hand meant they were especially weak with the bat. And I guess the weather was poor yesterday too. Still, it's not like it's a green top.

ajdude

International Coach
So based on form this week...
Robinson
Johnson
Voges
Quiney
Watson
Manou +
Butterworth
Hastings
O'Keefe
Swan
Copeland

I'm a dirty cynic.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
LOL at Hauritz dropping the game for NSW. Can't field now either, maybe he should try and become a batsmen?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
DEC Bushrangers vs Retravision Warriors - Match 11 2010/11 Sheffield Shield Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne

Hussey's on 98* at tea. Surely that seals his Test spot, if it was ever in doubt. I think, I'm more happy to see this than disappointed to see NSW lose :D

Left_Hander added 18 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Hussey reaches his ton with a four off 144 balls. I am extremely happy and relieved at the moment.

Left_Hander added 16 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Over 52.6: Wright to MEK Hussey, no run, OUT, short, hooked in the air and held by Hill at deep square leg

Sounds like he was out going for runs. They are more than 400 ahead so that would make sense.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Was probably the best thing that could have happened to Huss, coming in for that type of situation. Making him play some shots and think more about the team situation rather than his own struggles. And now he's got some runs - HURRAH. Hopefully that gets his red ball confidence up, because he'll surely be picked now with the double failures of Usman and Ferguson. You can't get dropped if you've made more runs than your competition.

And was GREAT to read about Mitch Johnson's success - with ball in particular. We know he's a slow starter after a break. Here's hoping that this has been enough matches for him to consistently fire.

Users who are viewing this thread