Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

They went with the bowling cover, unlucky for Ferguson but his time will come. Can't wait to see Starc live in action assuming I can stay awake!

This is not a good pair for a slow wicket.

angryangy added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Paine does the right thing by everyone.

angryangy added 11 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Hussey already looming as the key wicket in this innings.

Masterclass by Hussey so far. Boy he is a different man in this format. Pretty poor knock by Paine and Marsh again shows why hes an average ODI opener.

Not sure why they bat Hussey at #7 in T20 and #6 in ODI's normally. Having him bat at #7 probably cost Australia the T20 world cup with the form he was in at that time, the last time he batted in India up the order for the ODI series last year, he was the leading run scorer if I recall.

Paine should either be dropped or batting at no. 7.

His terrible slow batting is having such a negetive effect on the team. We're always going to be under pressure with somebody scoring as slowly as he does and as few runs as he does.

At the moment i'd rather have Wade or even Ronchi in the team. Consider Paine 2-16 off 7.5 overs. With Ronchi you could be 0-16 off the first over.

cricketmad09 added 10 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

The way Clarke has been batting since 2008, I reakon all we're waiting for is some talented young batsmen to come on and he should be dropped from the ODI team. His strike rate since 2008 is 69. That is pathetic. Definately not good enough for a captain or vice captain. He consistently fails when he needs to step up. When Australia have lost his average is 29 and strike rate is in the 60's. Compare that with Mike Hussey who's average and strike rate are only slightly less in defeat compared to success.

They are really playing slow,but I guess both are now looking dangerous as if they bat out few more overs they surely will get back the lost rate

96-2 after 25 overs for Australia. Is it difficult to bat on that pitch? Or is India bowling that great?

Is it difficult to bat on that pitch? Or is India bowling that great?

They're just nothing going on. Absolutely no urgency from either of the teams. It's almost as if neither team can be bothered and they don't want to be there. Not surprising really.

Partnership is about 5 rpo. It's just that the openers didn't get in at all. I think batsmen do have to get the pace of the pitch, so it will be tricky when wickets start to fall.

angryangy added 7 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

And that's probably a good time to get out, if there's such a thing. White has a chance to get in.

What the hell is Clarke doing. Its too bloody slow by international standards. Strike rate of below seventy is not acceptable in modern cricket.

Clarke needs a 100 and thats the reason he is batting that slow :p

7 Overs left and in that 5 overs of Batting Powerplay.

240 is what I see

Users who are viewing this thread