Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

The bowling was pretty rank though too. At least they didnt have that pie chucker Hazelwood in there. ;)

:sarcasm

I must say though, there is a better leg-spinner that plays for my club than Steven Smith. He turns it big in both direction. Smith bowls pretty flat and is easy to play. Really can't see how Smith will contribute with the ball for Australia.

Yeah I cant see why anyone would want Smith in the test team for his bowling, his FC average of 50 is pretty much right at this stage.

Though, obviously i'm quite happy if any of the players I bag turn out to be awesome!!!

I hope india keep ishant away from ODIs for both their odi teams sake and their test teams sake.

Ishant is clearly a better player when he's allowed to bowl outside off and look for seam movement, in tests, that has caused headaches, in ODIs any the slip a little wide will be hammered for 4.

I think he's been hindered having to slow down and bowl a tighter line.

:sarcasm

I must say though, there is a better leg-spinner that plays for my club than Steven Smith. He turns it big in both direction. Smith bowls pretty flat and is easy to play. Really can't see how Smith will contribute with the ball for Australia.

Hehe. Still.

Smart call. Hussey needs 4 day game instead of 1 day game to reduce work load on him. :laugh

Great match it was. Efforts of White and Kohli need to be lauded.
Apart from the match, the Indian kit was really looking good this time round. I didn't expect it to stand out so well.

Great batting effort there, Kohli and Raina were awesome, wanted to see more runs from the openers but meh.................

Raina was a great entertainer in the last overs and Kohli was awesome with the bat. Sad to see Vinay Kumar getting absolutely pwned but Ashwin was the man, yet again he was looking good and picked the wicket of Hussey. Bhajji need to watch out.

Hastings will be a lock for the next game which could be enough to put him in over Hopes. His bowling looks to be very effective and hes a proven wicket taker in domestic cricket, don't lose too much in the bowling by playing him either.

This match he would be but if he gets out bowled by Hastings again his world cup spot would start to be under pressure.

Can only hope? :p I'm falling off the Hopes train too - not that I was ever really on it. He's been a useful stopgap on occasion, but I'm sure there are better people to have. His batting isn't used enough, and when it is he's very vulnerable to spin. Then his bowling isn't great when he's attacked, so if there haven't been an early couple of wickets he's under pressure. I'd rather play a better bowler at #8 like Hastings, and let Smith and Watson share the last 10 overs (well for the future obviously, I think Hopes has to play on Sunday).

lol only War would pick Hopes over Hauritz. And promote him!

Just was a stop gap option for for those last two useless ODIs. But now Bollinger is gone home, it doesn't matter what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread