Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

No it shouldn't be. 2 tests is not enough to determine who the trophy stays with. I think this will be named something else. India are due to tour Australia next December to defend the BG trophy.

Precedent has already been set, the first Border Gavaskar Trophy series was only one test. Some poor cricket knowledge going around here. If they can play for it with one test then I cant see why they wouldnt do it for 2.

Precedent has already been set, the first Border Gavaskar Trophy series was only one test. Some poor cricket knowledge going around here. If they can play for it with one test then I cant see why they wouldnt do it for 2.

I know that but my point is that since that one-off game, the BG trophy has been decided by full length test match series and hence this series should not decide who retains/regains the trophy.

The Wisden Trophy was decided in two games last year, between the West Indies and England.

The Wisden Trophy was decided in two games last year, between the West Indies and England.

Two wrongs don`t make a right. Also, most people would agree that India and Australia care more about the BG Trophy than England do about the Wisden Trophy.

The short ball weakness won't work in Tests...they can choose to not play the deliveries...and Sehwag and Sachin back for ODIs as well.

Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman are more than comfortable against the short ball. As well as Sehwag and Gambhir(he looked meh at World T20, but I reckon he'll sort it out).

Gambhir(he looked meh at World T20, but I reckon he'll sort it out).

Gambhir's recent poor form is a worry, in my opinion. It might work against him in tests, especially if his confidence is low. Hopefully, it will not. Gambhir is an important batsman in the Indian team.

There can be no short-pitch problems in the test matches.
Dravid, Sehwag, Dhoni, Laxman and Sachin can all play the sort pitched stuff well.

Bring in Pujara or Badri or Rahane in place of Yuvraj.:yes

Gambhir will surely sort it out, he's a really very talented cricketer.

India - Sri Lanka - Bangladesh should cancel this year's international season to make the hosts be in dilemma in CWC 2011.
They should play at venues like Abu Dhabi, Dubai (ICC GCA) and Sharjah.

I know that but my point is that since that one-off game, the BG trophy has been decided by full length test match series and hence this series should not decide who retains/regains the trophy.

Yea i agree. This series shouldn't decide who retains the BG trophy. Just like how the 1977 centenary test didn't have an impact on where the Ashes series went.

War added 5 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Gambhir's recent poor form is a worry, in my opinion. It might work against him in tests, especially if his confidence is low. Hopefully, it will not. Gambhir is an important batsman in the Indian team.

sachingr8 said:
There can be no short-pitch problems in the test matches.
Dravid, Sehwag, Dhoni, Laxman and Sachin can all play the sort pitched stuff well.

Bring in Pujara or Badri or Rahane in place of Yuvraj.

Gambhir will surely sort it out, he's a really very talented cricketer.

Ha. What cirkcet do you guys watch??.

Sehwag definately doesn't play the short ball well. Thats clearly his big weakness in test outisde of inswingers.

While Gambhir although has never been tested in tests to short pitched by quality fast bowling. He certainly looks vulnerable to such deliveries as Morne Morkel showed in the rcent test vs SA & how he looks in recent ODIs & T20.

Only the veteran trio of Tendy, Dravid & VVS are secure againts the qualty pace/short stuff. The recent of IND batting-lineup can be exposed & will be targeted in that area.

My question is: who cares who holds the trophy if you aren't going to play for it? Say the 2 boards decide not to play for the trophy for this series - OK fine. But when India comes out here next summer is all the talk going to be about who holds the trophy or who won the last series? I think it would be about who won the last series, whether they play for a trophy or not. Playing for a trophy means bugger all IMHO and probably does to the players too - unless the trophy has a fat paycheck attached to it.

My question is: who cares who holds the trophy if you aren't going to play for it? Say the 2 boards decide not to play for the trophy for this series - OK fine. But when India comes out here next summer is all the talk going to be about who holds the trophy or who won the last series? I think it would be about who won the last series, whether they play for a trophy or not. Playing for a trophy means bugger all IMHO and probably does to the players too - unless the trophy has a fat paycheck attached to it.

This. India are hosting it as well, for the second time in a row, so two tests would rightly mean a better opportunity for us to claim the trophy back.

Ha. What cirkcet do you guys watch??.

Sehwag definately doesn't play the short ball well. Thats clearly his big weakness in test outisde of inswingers.

While Gambhir although has never been tested in tests to short pitched by quality fast bowling. He certainly looks vulnerable to such deliveries as Morne Morkel showed in the rcent test vs SA & how he looks in recent ODIs & T20.

Only the veteran trio of Tendy, Dravid & VVS are secure againts the qualty pace/short stuff. The recent of IND batting-lineup can be exposed & will be targeted in that area.

In test matches I can't see that happening.
Yeah Sehwag and Gauti have some troubles with the short pith stuff but they both plays with supreme responsibilty in Test matches atleast. It's not that India's short pitch woes are recent, it has been targeted on India since late 2008 and in test atleast India have no problems I would say. Their Recent performances shows this.

The fab 3 are just perfect.

Have you ever seen those 3 guys playing in cricket, Those three are way too talented and I couldn't even find any technical flaw in thier batting. They are all technically strong.:yes

Users who are viewing this thread