Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

Bangalore will be the typical Indian dusty track. Not sure about Mohali though (it could be a batting paradise, but I hope it plays true to its reputation of being hard and bouncy). Indians are more effective with the ball when they get help of the pitch. Most of India's best contests have come outside the subcontinent in recent times (in tests)

Agreed with Hmarka, and we can't argue it either seeing as we start every summer at the Gabba where we know the other teams don't stand a chance. Plus we give them practice games at AB Oval which is about as un-Gabba like as it gets.

Although India did avoid our trick in 2007/08 by 'b****ing' (gotta be careful with the mods) + scheduling a home series against SL and getting away from playing us at the WACA in the first test.

Back in the 80's we didnt stand a chance at the gabba either, Hadlee ripped us in 85, WI in 88, if you the best cricket you win at the gabba, its a true wicket, not prepared in the slightest for the home team. if Nasser had any brains the 02/03 Ashes couldve been VERY different. India didnt do too bad in 03 too. NZ almost won the test in 01 as well. Sure we havent lost there since 88 but there's been plenty of great matches and not one sided most of the time.

It just goes without saying that we try to intimidate teams at the Gabba with the bounce, especially the sub-continent teams. That's why they won't move the first test of the season from there.

And Nasser could have bat first, but how much are you going to change a 400 run win by? I mean they got 80 in the second innings.

09 - One sided
08 - One sided after Day 1
07 - One sided
06 - One sided
05 - One sided
04 - One sided
02 - One sided

First test at the WACA

09 and 05 - We lost/drew those matches after dominating
04 - What was it, twice out for <100?
03 - Matthew Hayden. Need I say more?

The point being, we can't really expect India to not prepare spinning decks. At any rate it's not a bad thing, good training for the youngsters. I just hope they give us a few tour matches, or has the whole tour been finalised?

Last edited:
Do not agree at all. India doesnt get bounced out here anymore, neither do SL. Pakistan is the only team who could be but they havent played at the Gabba since the road in 99.
SL a few years ago played badly and lost, they didnt exactly have to face a fast pitch.

As far as India is concerned, there's a difference between sporting and unfair pitches. Nagpur in 04 was nice and pacy, India got hammered, next test was a truly disgraceful pitch, 2 and a half day test. Spinning is one thing, but most teams can handle a spinning deck, but that 4th test pitch was terrible, much like the one SA were faced with not long ago. I cant recall a single pitch in Australia that has been prepared in our favour, the last would have to be the Perth test in 97 which backfired right in our faces.

Last edited:
At least Wankhede in 04 was an interesting wicket. Most Indian pitches are flattered with the term "spinning pitch". The reality of many is that they're just flat and bare.

I'll agree with Rob there, we don't do anything come the test match to tip it in our favour.

Ridiculously Piyush Chawla took a five fer on debut on what is supposed to be a pace bowler's surface (I think). In Bangalore where they knew we could win it they prepared the flattest deck in history and the same in Delhi. Nagpur was a new wicket which played like that I suppose.

I highly doubt Indian groundsmen even know how to prepare a pitch. Let alone doctoring one to suit home side.

If you are going to play in stadiums like Kanpur etc. you should expect bad pitches. Kotla is still struggling to come to grip and if test match was held there you will say its a doctored pitch. Most of established test centers have flat wickets where if a players gets settled then 200 is on card. Add to that India's bowling and fielding woes.

When India tours abroad we hardly get flat beds. All teams prepare bouncy tracks to bounce out Indian batsman. So whats wrong with us dishing out flat decks to suit our batsman.

Bangalore has best sporting wicket in India and all touring sides love playing test match there. Mohali might not attract crowd but you will hardly find spinning wicket here. I predict 0-0 draw.

I'm picking Australia to win 1-0 and a total series attendance of 120, 000

I'm picking Australia to win 1-0 and a total series attendance of 120, 000

With the kind of form Australia is in nowadays, no chance of that happening;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread